Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

T-10

M

mattyg92

ok so yes i am still a newbie in the c-2 field, and i appreciate everyone's help, but i was looking up the options on a 63 for the trans

i have a 4spd T-10, but when i look up the codes, they show M-22

is the borg warner referred to as the muncie? i did'nt think it was? is a T-10 a factory trans for a 63?

i thought the numbers matched, but i will have to recheck

thanks!!!

Corvette
'67 Marina Blue Convertible
63's used the Borg-Warner T-10 at launch, and changed to the GM Muncie transmission during the middle of the production year. Photos below show the T-10 on the left (bottom edge of side cover is curved) and the Muncie on the right (bottom edge of the side cover is flat). Which one do you have?

M

mattyg92

i have the T-10 borg warner

and i think it is number matching

i didnt know that they put them in early '63

thank you!!!

M

mattyg92

is there a way to find out how many units have the T-10 compared to the popular muncie?

thanks

kabong

Corvette
1960 black & silver
BW T10

The 63 BW T10 is unique to the 63 bellhousing, not just any T10 will fit. I know because I tried to put my "spare" T10 in my 63 and it would not fit. Those things get heavy after the 6th try!

WayneC

Corvette
63 roadster project
The 63 BW T10 is unique to the 63 bellhousing, not just any T10 will fit. I know because I tried to put my "spare" T10 in my 63 and it would not fit. Those things get heavy after the 6th try!

Maybe not THAT unique. I installed a T-10 from a 62 in my 63 (I did it myself in late 1963, replacing the original 3-speed tranny, so I know the bellhousing was original)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom