Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

T Top Help Needed

G

gambit

I started on my weatherstripping replacement today, with the T Tops. I noticed that when I was working on the passengers side that the glass was only attached to the frame in one corner!!!!! What holds the glass to the frame and how can I fix that??? I lifted the frame up and gave it a good coating of the weather stripping glue hoping that will do it. I can just see the class flying off on the highway.

I can't belive nobody had that problem before??? May be I am just a magnet for trouble haha. I actually used a good supply of the weather stripping to re attach the metal frame to the glass TTop, it seems to be holding on ok even under the pressure of the TTop lock. I will see how it goes now.

Gambit hi... have not seen that but am just now repl my w/s too (1982) same pass side.... most likely nothing but I noticed when trying to get all old w/s off of mine, it looked as though if I were not careful, I could easily scrape the frame to glass adhesive off too...... I am going very slowly with this whole thinh being a 1st timer and all.. haha. Hope yours turns out ok. Will post my progress. regards.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom