Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

T56 Install

Echo1

Corvette
I finished my T56 install. It is a good fit and really changed the car's performance. I changed the rear end to 3;73S. I still need to get the speedo hooked up. Is everyone using the cable x or digital speedos? It is about time to put her back on the road. I spent a year of research to determine which way to go on the upgrade, there is a lot of information out there. If you want to do this upgrade spend the time to see what works best for you. I was able to keep my manual clutch and the actual time was minimal. I would recommend this to anyone with mechanical skills and a welder. I have had this car for over 13 years and enjoy the work in the winter time and the summers on the road.

I finished my T56 install. It is a good fit and really changed the car's performance. I changed the rear end to 3;73S. I still need to get the speedo hooked up. Is everyone using the cable x or digital speedos? It is about time to put her back on the road. I spent a year of research to determine which way to go on the upgrade, there is a lot of information out there. If you want to do this upgrade spend the time to see what works best for you. I was able to keep my manual clutch and the actual time was minimal. I would recommend this to anyone with mechanical skills and a welder. I have had this car for over 13 years and enjoy the work in the winter time and the summers on the road.

You'll have to post pictures. I'm thinking a t5 swap is a cost effective swap for my '80.

Actually Echo, could you write a tech article in this area of the forum about your experience?

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/technical-article-uploads/

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom