Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

tailpipe mounting not straight...

jdeatsch

Corvette
01 Quicksilver vert, 6 speed. 02 Lt Pewter vert.
Yep, I'm starting to get into the nits on my car and this is driving me nuts.

As you can see from the picture, the left tips are hanging lower then the right. I'm pretty sure that others have encountered this and are as anal as I am about things like this.

vette.jpg

Ideas, tips, free beer? Thanks folks, as always.

Jim

:wBuy a new set of Corsca's (I did) and it straightens every thing out, sound and all.:boogie SC:WTT

Gee thanks Scott, :rotfl

Great suggestion but you'd have to pay for 'em.

The front clamp on the left bank has allowed it to drop, just needs a little adjustment just in front of the axel. You will be required to get under it with room to work, like on a lift to be safe. Much quicker than on jack stands and easy to check the new alignment before you re-tighten the clamp. You may want to upset the joint with a center punch so it won't turn so easily.

:wHey Jim, I think the stock muffelers has a strap up on top of them that keep them from sagging, you may be able to adjust this if you can get to it.:upthumbsSC:WTT :thumb

PS Looks like Dad has a better answer

Dad and Scott,

Thanks VERY much you two. I'll attack this issue this weekend and see if I can't square it all away.

I appreciate the help you know.

Jim :beer

Good eye, Jim. I didn't notice it until you mentioned it, then I couldn't NOT see it. Careful working under there and post new pix when you get 'em lined up. :thumb

BTW... Happy 4th!
:wJane Ann

See Jane Ann?

Us old folks have calibrated eyemballs. Jannow?

you too kiddo...

:bowrofl glad you asked Jim, mine is the same way only the other side. It's been bugin me for some time and the gf can't see what I'm talking about, BUT I do. I'm getting ready to go under and investigate. Thanks to "Dad" I now know where to start checking. :beer

That only works with stock mufflers, most after market have a second joint that can come loose so you would need to check both.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom