Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

TA's with RAM AIR

S

Shadowing1985v

I hate these things,, they give me a run for my money,, big time,, they have everythin a corvette has in them now,, what is the deal what is there weakness, they have tune port injection thick tires,,, ram air,, and just alot of kewl stuff,,, it makes me mad a 30,000 dollar car being able to give a 70K car a run for its money,,,, any imputs on this???
does anyone know anything about these TA's,, that i will know how to beat them when i race them

Canadian money (maybe?)

Its ok.. I feel your pain. I am needing more margin on the fried chickens.

Must go faster.... :bu

Have 'em both ...

Hey, don't be sore! I have both..........see my signature.......my T/A will walk away from my Vette with just a lid........but make no mistake, the Vette has so much better handling that it is jsut a delight to drive it compared to the T/A ..........and the quality of my 96 Vette is also eons better than the rattle box (i.e. T/A)......

hehe

well, i didn't really mean 70K,, hehe, just what ever corvettes sale these days, standard ones,,, 55K or something like that, but still, that wasn't the point of the post, hehe,,

even, since,, TA's have thick tires, won't that give them just as good handling,, ,what is the top out for a ram air TA,, anyone know?

I know that a stock TA won't get to 175 MPH like the C5 Vette, if that's what you're wondering. Now modded a TA or anything else vs a factory stock Vette and all bets are off. Just remember, if one car is modded... there's nothing to say the other can't be either. Somebody is bound to come back and say.. yeah, but it cost less to mod a TA, or Camaro, or Mustang.. maybe true, but the Vette will usually require LESS modifications to achieve higher than stock performance figures. In the end it's all on how much $$$$ somebody pours into their respective car. Like we have all read before, somebody could come along with a Honda Civic and with enough $$$ in mods could take us all to the cleaners. But stock vs stock the Vette is surpassed by only one other car made in America.. Dodge Viper.... and that depends on whether your on the strip or on a road course. Then there's the question of the exotics from overseas.... and that's a whole nuther story.
vettepilot

At least you know your vette is far better looking and handles better then the TA. The TA is from the same people that brought you the AZTEK.

Actually I like the lines of the TA, always have. But... I have always had a problem with the tacky gimmicks that Pontiac seems to think they needed; everything from the added plastic panals on the sides to the added accents on the dash panals seem [to me] to distract from the otherwise good lines of the body style. It isn't a Corvette.... and it wasn't mean't to compete against the Corvette or the main Corvette competetion, but in the class that it represents, it has held it's own. Too bad it's going away for a while, I sincerly hope that upon it's return it still has rear wheel drive, big engine, and hardbody looks.
Listen up GM, I'm a Vette person but I don't want to see a whimpy Trans Am or Camaro come rolling down the street, remember they are part of our family and it would be embarrasing to claim a front wheel drive, OHC V-6, slush-O-matic for a high performance cousin.
vettepilot :)

thanx

Thanx guy's,, this site is so kewl,, amazing how many answers u can get from it,, hehe,,,,,
so your saying it isn't a stock TA if a TA has all that stuff, right?

thats what i was really wondering,,, someone would have to speical order it,, i didn't evne think poniac did tune port injection,,,

$70,000 Vette

I have a 91 Vette slightly modded with L98. Lt4 Hot kit Big mouth intake big tube runners ported plenum 52mm throttle body motorsports 30lbs hr injectors underdrive pulleys and b&m 2400 holeshot conv and Oh yeah Ed Wright custom chip burned feels pretty good for a old tuned port engine even with dogg 2.59 rear gears. Just wanted to say I to have a TA a 93 slightly modded that could scare a couple of Vettes till about 100 then the light weight and better aerodynamic Vette is gone. Oh well at least its not a RUSTANG.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom