Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Temp control switch inside missing

• Thread starter Thread starter shark lane
  • Start date Start date
S

shark lane

Hello all,
long story short ? temperature in my 81 went up, way up! trace the problem to a bad temperature control switch, the one on the side of the head between 6&8. replaced with a new one. the problem is the probe on the old one is gone! fell out? dissolved? I don't know. what I do know is the the new switch has one and the old one does not. if it fell into the water jacket what are the chances of getting it out? or what do ya think will happen if it stays in there?

I still love my L81

Just hook up the new one and don't worry about it...
that switch controls your extra fan behind the radiator....

I think you're switching some locations around. Like Bill says, on the right rear is the switch for the extra cooling fan. On the left front is the probe for your console gauge and in front on top is the probe for the ECM.

If you don't have a picture of the old switch then I don't know if or what has fallen off. When I had mine out it think it's hard to believe that it can seperate or disintegrate. I think if something that size will fall into a waterchannel I think it will ride the ride till it this the top of your radiator or your thermostat because it's to big to go through. On the other hand if it's to heavy it'll stay down on the lowest point.

Greetings Peter

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom