Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

tEMP GUAGE ON 94'

94conv.

Corvette
1994 red convertible
Hey guys, I just replaced the temp sensor for the dash ( rear right side of engine) and the guage is off, now my question, can you take the bezel off and and adjust the needle or do I have to have the dash sent in for repairs?

If it's like any other analog gauge I've ever seen, no you can't do that and if you try, you'll probably ruin the guage.

First, are you sure the sender was broken and not the guage itself?

Second, if it was the sender, are you positive you installed the proper sender for the guage? You MUST have the proper sender or the guage will not be accurate.

Other than that, I can't help because I have an '87 and analog gauges aren't an issue.

Tried to recalibrate the gauge, I took the needle off, it just pulled with a little pressure, I saw where you could buy white faces to stick on the cluster and the article showed where you had to take the needles off or at least I thought it did, i waited to the temp on the lcd to raise to 185 and I reinstalled the needle at the 185 mark, it seems to be working but I was just letting it warm up till the fans came on to make sure the needle still wasnt in the 260 range when the fan came on like it was doing and it seems to being somewhat accurate to the lcd still, within a few degrees not like 20 or more degrees off like it was. If by chance you or anyone else knows that I really shouldnt have done it because it messes something up let me know, otherwise Im checking the gauge as fixed.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom