Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Texas Callaway Meeting...we need one this summer!

C

critt99

Is anyone interested in having a Callaway meeting here in San Antonio, TX? I work on Lackland Air Force Base and would do some look’n to see if we could hold a gathering on base in association with the Texas Corvette Club. They are very active locally and I know there are a few Callaway’s in town. I think it would be cool to have a pic of your car with an F-16 or something like that!!! I am just shooting from the hip, but I can do some asking to see if we could get access to a runway. Due to the post-911 world, it would have been pretty easy a few years ago, but the least I can do is ask. You have to admit, rip’n down a runway would be tight. Letting my mind run into fantasyland the ultimate would be a Callaway and a fighter jet rip’n the runway at the same time. Let’s see, that would be about 30,450 HP total…..Does anyone remember many years ago I heard there was a Callaway gathering on Fort Sam Houston. Another idea would be a benefit show at Brooke Army Medical Center for the wounded soldiers from the Iraq. I am an Army doctor despite the fact I work at Lackland, Ft. Sam is still home and I know that my fellow soldiers are car nuts. There are allot of soldiers recovering from wounds that would love to spend a day admiring your cars. These are just some ideas, I will not be offended if it does not interest the crowd.

I would... if I had a Callaway right now and it was in Dallas. :D

I'm up for a road trip. My schedule is tight so enough planning in advance would be appriciated.

If we can get shopview to go that would be great. Maybe the white Callaway will be back!?!?

If we can plan it and get an F-16 in the photo shoot....I am in!

I will begin to research the possibility next week....cross your fingers

When in the Summer would you be looking at doing this??

There are three summertime shows to consider (for conflicting dates) - Bloomington Gold, Vettes on the Rockies and, Corvettes @ Carlisle.

Are you looking at a get together, or as part of a regional show? (How about May 19-21, 2006 ???)

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help :m

FYI: I sent a letter to the Wing Commander of the 149th Fighter Wing on Kelly AFB in San Antonio, inviting him to join us in a joint venture with no dates yet. I just want to see if they will bite. Keep ya posted

I sent a note to the Wing Commander of the 149th Fighter Wing and have not heard back, I plan to go face to face today...still working..mike

I would be excited about getting the '90 out if it isnt in the middle of the summer and 110 degrees out. When were you thinking of doing it? earlier or later in the hot season?
Keep us updated!!
Late,
Taylor

Nothing solid yet, just trying to see it is even possible...thanx for the interest.

There is no chance of having a Callaway gathering on the air strip with the fighters this summer. They have a real world mission early this summer and cannot commit. I think it can be done, but on the short notice it is more difficult. You need to understand that we have training calenders for the next 5 years in the military. Nothing is spur of the moment. I am going to begin to lay plans for a early summer event in 2007. This should give me the time to make the arrangments early. I am sorry if I raised expectations too much. It was only an idea. I will keep you posted as the year progresses.

I'm in for '07 and can wait for such a great opportunity....plus that allows more time for those awesome models you are making!

shopview said:
If we can plan it and get an F-16 in the photo shoot....I am in!

Mark, Addison airport has some really cool vintage prop and jet war planes we can take pictures with. Let me know if your interested. I'm sure Matt would join us aswell.

Absolutely, that would be very cool.... I'm touring the planet till May 2 but most weekends are still ok.

Texas area Callaway Owner & Enthusiasts

Folks, as some have heard, I have been discussing the idea of a "Callaway Corral" with the event planners at this show and they would welcome us to the show - They say they LOVE the Callaways :cool http://www.lonestarcorvette.com/classic.html

The show is located outside Dallas, at the Texas Motor Speedway Complex - the link shows the schedule of events -

May 19-21, 2006, it is their 17th annual show :cool

Interested?? Please reply to this thread :beer

Classic17.jpg

It's pencilled in the calendar...

:)

-Luigi
:cool

I'll be there for sure!!!

*89x2* said:
Folks, as some have heard, I have been discussing the idea of a "Callaway Corral" with the event planners at this show and they would welcome us to the show - They say they LOVE the Callaways :cool http://www.lonestarcorvette.com/classic.html

The show is located outside Dallas, at the Texas Motor Speedway Complex - the link shows the schedule of events -

May 19-21, 2006, it is their 17th annual show :cool

Interested?? Please reply to this thread :beer

Classic17.jpg

I can make it on the 21st.

Luigi, Mark, and Sam - that is great!

PLEASE pre-register for the show and mention Callaway Corral somehow, somewhere on the form, etc. so the show folks know :cool

Sam, hopefully, you can find a way to make the 20th - Sat. as well. Maybe closer to the date??

How 'bout the rest of the Texans?? :beer

I might like to go, but what if I don't have a Callaway?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom