Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Thanks for your responses

fitsgld1

Corvette
1985 Black Corvette
Thanks to all that responded to a question regarding new tires for my 1985 black coupe. I went with the Goodrich G-Force and although I know that they are brand new the change in ride is awesome. Going to take her on a short trip with a little highway driving this weekend looking forward to it now Thanks Again. :)

Thanks to all that responded to a question regarding new tires for my 1985 black coupe. I went with the Goodrich G-Force and although I know that they are brand new the change in ride is awesome. Going to take her on a short trip with a little highway driving this weekend looking forward to it now Thanks Again. :)

Those G-Force tires kinda bummed me out a little.....its harder to get them to spin !

Hoping for a little better luck will let you know after a weekend of fun driving.Nice weather a long drive will tell more Car is much better then it was with 11 yr old tires.Thanks again Boomdriver.

Hoping for a little better luck will let you know after a weekend of fun driving.Nice weather a long drive will tell more Car is much better then it was with 11 yr old tires.Thanks again Boomdriver.

Glad to help,. these ARE the best tire for the buck, and they are actually really good tires!
I spent some rain time today in post hurricane rain storms and the tires held as well as dry streets...

The most impressive thing that I encountered was seeing what must be the 2012 or later ZR-1 corvette doing road trials...special license plate, and a car that I KNOW to be not available right now.
Remodled tail end....tall tail piece, Tail like a '79 TransAM, very wide oval tail lites, 6" wide 2"tall...very "tech" looking. Also had some kind of strip like trim or a 3rd brake lite that ran below the tail lites all the way across. Lower panel with exhaust was different, more tucked in, cleaner, exhaust mounted different.

This was NOT a 2011....I've seen those pics. This was something we'll see in a few yrs.
GM always sends the first 10 to go out and drive across the country and gather data then report back to tweak the final design before full production begins.
I thought it was a ferrarri or a viper at first until the tail lites got my attention.....wide oval...almond shaped.....and the hi-tech letters on the front...ZR-1, CLEAR POLY-PANEL in the hood....yep, this is what I'd sell a kidney for.

Thing is, I'd have to sell them both just to make the down.....
But it did sound good, a muted muffled sound that was only running up maybe 1500 rpm between gears, and spinning thru the first 3 gears not trying.

To quote Will Smith....."whoooo wheeee ! I gotta get me one of these !"

Hey Boomdriver Sometimes I don't think I could sell a kidney for a new concept car because my 85 which is a work in progress seem to be taking payment, but like I said earlier new tires make a huge difference. Just wish I had the opportunity to have seen the new ride myself.Thanks again and enjoy your holiday.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom