Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

That Darn CAT!

vigman

Motor head!!!!
Corvette
88 Convert ( SOLD ) /1973 coupe 4 speed/1964 Vert!
Last week I had my main cat plug up on the freeway! Yikes, Yugo's were passing me like I was standing still... how embarassing. But I have good news, replacing all 3 cats was $487.65 which I think was a totally fair price plus the shop did a few little other things for no charge ( new hangars and such )

The front cat's were $123.00 ea and the main was $150.00

So Kudo's to!!!!

Fred at Canyon Muffler in Canyon Country!

JT ZR-Won said:
Yikes..$487 bones.....what are catalytic convt's?:eek :D

Jay

:eyerole Just what this world needs; another wise-ass! :L

In January of 1995, I paid $627.50 for the two primary cats/front y-pipe piece + $20.00 core charge + $2.10 for a clamp + $177.00 labor (3 hrs), and another $342.00 for the main cat + $20.00 core charge + $59.00 for another hour labor charges (?) at the dealer from whom I bought the car.

Let's see now that's $1,247.60, so I'd say that vigman didn't do too bad for replacing everything as originally installed! :cool

I took a lot of ribbing at the time for doing the factory replacements, but I was actually a little concerned about originality at that time. Today things aren't quite the same with me when it comes to originality. ;)

As for the prices I paid, what can I say but I don't always use the brightest bulbs available to me. :L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom