Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The $300 Thank You

Pinky

Corvette
1998 Torch Red Convertible
My passenger side door mirror had recently come loose from the mounting and was sliding all around so I had it temporarily taped in place ( :( ) - how embarassing during "Hot August Nights"!

Anyhoo - thanks to all the GREAT tips we found on this forum, Mr. Pinky was able to repair the mirror this weekend, saving me the $300 for a new one. :D

Thanks everybody! :w

Had to do this repair to one of mine in the spring...

Found a link to repair it and even did one better than the link, removed the termianls from the connector thus no wire cutting!

This whole project started because the previous owner (or his/her so-called mechanic) had GLUED the top part of the mount to the door mounted "post". The glue failed and that's when I discovered this is a common problem. Once Mr. P had the door off it was pretty obvious it had been a recurring problem.

I can guarantee you the top mount is not going to loosen up anytime in the forseeable future - and no glue was involved!

Yikes glue? WTF!!! :mad

I mean it is a time consuming repair but it can be done IF you know what to do! The link I used I have at home and do not know ff the top of my head but I think I can find it from another site I posted on... I will look...

EDIT: Here is the link I used, thanks 97vette.com

http://www.97vette.com/howto/mirror/index.html

However like I said luckily we had the terminal removers at work and I removed mine from the connector, I hate cutting wires!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom