Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The 67 Convert comes alive!

bobmanx

Corvette
1967 White Convert. 327/350hp, 4 spd, with A/C
Well, finally got a chance to play. Drained the last bit of old gas out of the lines, changed the oil and filter, connected the new battery, turned it over with no plugs, let the oil circulate and show pressure on the gauge, reinstall plugs, hook up the fuel line to the carb, tightened the float bowl screws/bolts, new Unocal 76 premium gas, turned the key and after a few spins the 327/350hp started to fire.

Let it warm up a bit, while checking for gas/oil/fluid leaks, gauges, etc, and then with the oil press up and everything happy it got a chance to hit the pavement! Soft top down, and semi quietly up the street and back, checking brakes and lights (daytime). It sounds great, new exhaust and all. The only thing that didnt work was the clock!

OK Vig, Its your turn! LOL when does your project get here? Now to go play with Calif DMV, then put some insurance guy's kid through med school and it can see limited/cautious pavement use again!

Thanks to all for their suggestions, answers and info, I'm sure the questions and "fun" have just begun, LOL and to start fixing the little things, like the clock!
Thanks Bob

Congrats!!!!!!!!

T-minus 15 days till landing
Guesstimated take off time this Wed or Thursday!

We will have to do lunch!

Vig!

Outstanding Bob

The insurance will be a lot less than a daily grocery getter and millions less than what I fork out for my 230 year old daughter in college with now TWO accidents to her record - neither were her fault. But that doesn't matter. it still about $900 for 6 months on her Malibu.

Now get out there and bang some gears!

Don

:Steer :upthumbs

Good luck

definatley get under the car and check all break hose'e (dry rot) and lines (hidden rust around where the spring's are on the lines to avoid kinks)

wrong time to find out is when they are leaking

Allright bobmanx! Congrats on the maiden voyage!
Vetsvette2002 said:

The insurance will be a lot less than a daily grocery getter and millions less than what I fork out for my 230 year old daughter in college
Don- Wow, you have a really old daughter! How many years has she been going to college?

Dick

Thanks guys, Vig your right "we will have to do lunch".

IH2LOSE been checking all the lines, fuel, fluids and brakes they all appear to have been replaced prior to being parked. But will have to take a closer look at all. Thanks for the tip!

Talked to the insurance guys and they had some different opinions on 67 Corvettes. Farmers wanted it to be insured as a "Collector Car" which when I talked to Hagerty Ins. meant that it could be in parades and shows (2501 to 5000 mile limit) but if I went to the local 7/11 for a coke, it wasnt covered, but if I stopped on the way or on a return from a show or parade it was covered, see "limited personal use" in the fine print.

American Collector Car ins, said that there was "no personal use", parades and car shows only, but had a 2500 mile limit per year.

Talked to another Farmers agent and was told that they would insure it "for Blue Book Value" and he would check to see what that was and "call me back" (must be a long walk to their Blue Book) as I havent heard from him, but its only been 24 hrs.

Talked to SoCal. Auto Club and they hit me with a guesstimate of $390.00 a year which didnt sound to bad for full coverage and a "agreed Value of $25,000.00" but wanted it appraised and pics to prove that it was a real car and really worth $25,000.00 as it sits. And I could drive it anytime! Again its not pristine but one owner rock stock 67 Convert. that need some TLC and time to clean and shine! Is that out of line for 67 Corvette and me at 50 years old with a clean DMV and three other cars (not Vettes)?

Anyone else have any insurance suggestions as a reasonable rate?
Thanks Bob

Don, being 230 years old, would that make her a "professional student"? I hope you meant 23! LOL

Don- Wow, you have a really old daughter! How many years has she been going to college?

less than I have so far, but her major is Physics for the USAF
and she's only 20 not 230. I have fat fingers and a brain that cramps up.
Don:duh

Vetsvette, be nice to her. As my kids keep telling me, "remember, someday we'll get to pick your nursing home"! And asking, "is the Corvette done yet"? LOL

Bob

My 2 dotters (Thats Right! two Ts:J ) have absolutely no interest in cars or vettes. I keep asking my wife if they are mine LOL;LOL

For insurance on my 67 I have Allstate with an agreed value of $45k, no limits on where but a 2500 mile/year limit. It is listed as "pleasure use, no driver under 25". I pay about $300 a year.

Don

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom