Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The boy is learning early...

tigernut

At first I didn't want a son, but I'm starting to enjoy the little fellow. At least he seems interested. :L

Smart kid. He knows how to pick out a good one. :D

Priceless pictures..

Thanks for sharing.

The little ones grow up quickly.

My three daughters did.

By the way....nice car!!

Pedro:w

tigernut said:
At first I didn't want a son, but I'm starting to enjoy the little fellow. At least he seems interested. :L

Priceless.....

Just wait til he starts asking you to "make the needle on the speedometer go all the way around" or "what does 100 mph feel like"......mine is just starting to understand the "Vette mystique"

Think the cops will but that excuse???

That depends on the cop! :D

-Mac

Or the little guy starts pumping the floor jack handle like he's seen Dad do. Everything looked ok from the other side of the garage but I didn't realize the saddle of the floor jack was under the fender of my Chevy Coupe. Bent the fender up about 6". Lucky it was before paint. Or the time I had spent about 6 hours sanding the superhard baked on paint off of the heater box, Sprayed a nice coat of black on it, Had it out in the sun to dry and he turned the sprinkler on.............

00fxd said:
....Or the time I had spent about 6 hours sanding the superhard baked on paint off of the heater box, Sprayed a nice coat of black on it, Had it out in the sun to dry and he turned the sprinkler on.............
That's what my father would call "payback". I guess I'm due for my share in a couple of years :)

From my experience, admittedly limited to three kids, I view old old cars as just old cars (yes, even my and your beloved Corvettes) and they can be straightened, fixed, repaired, painted, re-chromed, and made to be almost good as new. Maybe not exactly new as they once were, but good as new, perhaps better than new in some folks' eyes.

Kids aren't that way, there's only one chance to do it right with them, once you've gone through the period of "raising them", there's not a second chance to go back and do it right if you made a mistake. And I would almost guarantee there will be mistakes made in the process. So I'd recommend keeping the kids involved, all those things they "help" with will make for interesting and entertaining stories in later years. (At least mine have, hope yours turn out that way, too).

And there's still time to spend on the cars.

Just my $0.02, and my perspective.
:)

Good point Ron. I'm looking forward to his "first" car. Hopefully he will still like me enough in his teenage years to work together on it.

tigernut said:
Good point Ron. I'm looking forward to his "first" car. Hopefully he will still like me enough in his teenage years to work together on it.
I'm sure he will. Two of my children are grown, one nearly so. I've had my cars nearly all of their lives (5 years and 4 months old, respectively, for the first two, actually all of his life for the last child), and although they like them, they don't have the burning desire for an early Corvette that I had and still have. Of course, they grew up in a different era, and I understand that. Don't be disappointed if he prefers a "later model" (perhaps a 2015 or 2016 model?). And best wishes to the both of you!!!

tigernut said:

And in a Few Months From Now....

Nothing better then sharing your passion for the car with your son. My eight year old can tell you more about Vettes then most owners. He's a "New Generation" NCM member.

33%3A9%3B98323232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2333%3D986%3D98%3A%3DXROQDF%3E232355882%3C%3A42ot1lsi

Beautiful car, Tom, I love those new ZO6's.

Your boy has a big grin on his face. Has he driven it yet? ;)

tigernut said:
Beautiful car, Tom, I love those new ZO6's.

Your boy has a big grin on his face. Has he driven it yet? ;)
It's funny you ask that tigernut. He hasn't driven it yet, but he's a good "starter." We took the museum tour last year and he got to start a new Z on the production line. When the first start operator started to tell him what to do, He said "It's Ok, I know what to do, I start ours all the time.":)

You have a fine looking boy there yourself. He'll be asking for the keys to the Vette before you know it!

BTW: My son's dream Vette is a red '67 big block convertible with a black stinger. He'd LOVE your car!

67HEAVEN said:
It's not a convertible, but it is red. :D
With a real "big" block. (all 502 cubic inches of it). Can't wait to see it completed!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom