Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The Car is Packed and Corvettes at Carlisle Awaits

How did I get here ? Just driving in the PA countryside and I am on top of a hill overlooking Corvettes at Carlisle. See you on Thursday. I am off for Pitt tomorrow and will be back early am on 27th opening day...

Geez, dude! When do you sleep?! ;)

image.jpgJust got to Pittsburgh from Gettysburg . Nice ride on 30 west....visit with son, back on road AM for Corvettes at Carlisle 2015

Almost made it home!

View attachment 63670Left Annapolis at 9AM with about 3,000 miles behind me and 500 to get back to Maine. On route 495 82 miles from home, the "correct" fuel pump dies. It did have 30,000 miles on it. I was going to put on my NAPA pump for the trip (never break) and actually took it with me but it was too hot , and after 10 hours on the road, a nice AC truck from AAA , sounded good. Got the car home around 10 PM.

Lot of travel and car pictures once I get my computer fixed. Had to use my iPhone for posting.

Home at Last. 3,500 miles and only 1 1/2 Qts oil and 16-19 mpg with the 3:36 rear end at highway speeds 70-85 with a high of 110 mph with lots left .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Coming home on a towtruck is rarely the preferred option but it sounds like the right choice in the circumstances.

Mac

Fixed in time for a Labor Day Ride! Trip to Carlisle, Columbus, Pittsburgh and Annapolis - home 3,250 miles. Fuel pump died 82 miles from home.

The pivot pin was not spiked , pump was only 3 years old , but a non Logo correct pump. It worked its way out letting the lever move with cylinder instead of pumping the diaphragmView attachment 63749image.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom