Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The car knew, I swear it KNEW!!!

dmd

Corvette
Supercharged LS6 6-speed Z06 Roadster
Sunny, beautiful day in Seattle today, and I decided to take the ticketmagnet on the left to work. Common practice for me on Fridays in the summer. I'd driven it the night before and it was fine. But when I went to start it this morning, it just cranked and alerted me "REDUCED ENGINE POWER" on the DIC, but wouldn't fire. Tried resetting and trying again three times, no go, same message on the DIC. I have an hour-long commute, so I had no time to spare to screw around with it and took the GTP instead.

I get on the 405, and there's cops EVERYWHERE. Staties, townies, stealthies, the lot. At all their usual spots, there's TWO of them each. I get to one of the overpass signs and it shouts, "SPEED ENFORCEMENT DAY". Yeah, all for your safety blah blah blah, so the bastards must need new tires for the fleet or someshit.

Went to start it again tonight and it was fine.

I'm not one to conflate coincidence with causality, nor to anthropomorphize mechanical objects beyond humor. But this...

I swear the car knew!

It definitely sounds like your Vette knew that it shouldn't go to work with you!!

Elaine

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom