Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The COG and Corvettes @ Carlisle

T

TurboLuigi

Folks,

Back in 2002, Corvettes @ Carlisle celebrated a Callaway Renion, the same as it has every 5 years going back to 1992 when they celebrated the first 5 year Callaway Reunion. But the 2002 reunion was very special because it resulted in the founding of our group, The Callaway Owners Group.

Corvettes @ Carlisle has remained a special tradition for the COG ever since. It is the most attended event that the COG participates in. COG members bond and interact on a face to face basis and most COG members stick together for dinners and social time in addition to the time we spend together at the fairgrounds.

Chip Miller, one of the founders of Corvettes @ Carlisle was also a fellow owner and enthusiast and the Miller Family has been and continues to be an important influence behind the COG.

In March of 2004, Chip Miller passed away from the a little known disease called amyloidosis. The Chip Miller Foundation was then formed to help spread awareness of this disease and raise money for educational and research purposes. Their goal is for earlier diagnosis to affect better treatment outcomes. If Chip Miller and his doctors were aware of the symptoms of amyloidosis when they first presented, he may still be with us today.

Every year since Chip's passing, the COG has held a fund raising effort in conjunction to our annual meeting at Callaway and donated all proceeds to the Chip Miller Foundation http://www.chipmiller.org/.

With that tradition in mind, I designed and printed a limited edition of posters which commemorate the 20 years of Callaway Corvettes, composed of high resolution pictures that delineate the history of Callaway Corvetes, from the original Callaway Twin Turbo through to the C16. The posters are printed on 20" x 30" photo paper (not poster paper) and will make a beautiful collector item. I have contributed the cost of printing these 15 posters to serve as the basis for this year's fund raising drive. These posters are currently displayed at Callaway CT, Callaway CA, and Deutschman Designs in Canada. I will print no more.

To add to their value, these posters have been signed by the 3 key individuals behind Callaway Cars: Reeves Callaway (Founder), Paul Deutschman (Automotive Designer), and Michael Zoner (Managing Director).

A reduced sample of the image that created the poster is provided here:
20yrs_Poster.jpg

We are asking for a contribution via Check or Money Order for minimum amount of $150 (tax deductible - please consider donating more as your budget allows). The Checks/Money Orders are to be made out directly to the: Chip Miller Charitable Foundation. A mailing tube, shipping/handling and insurance charge of $15 is to be made out to Chris Chessnoe for the (Carlisle delivery at no charge). This is on a first come, first serve basis. Reserve your poster by the COG communication form located at http://www.callawayownersgroup.com/CommForm.html

and then Please mail your checks to:
Chris Chessnoe
C/O Callaway Owners Group
P.O. Box 7392
Fairfax Station, Virginia, 22039

As we have done in the past, we would like to present the Checks to the Chip Miller Foundation during our dinner meeting at Carlisle, a do not forget to make your deduction on your next tax filing.

Please join me in giving to this great cause and lets continue the tradition!

Best regards,

Luigi
:cool

Luigi, Thank you for making the posters - Folks, the legwork to get the posters signed, has been a long journey. They have traveled many miles and crossed borders for this - Please do not hesitate on this opportunity.

Thank you for supporting this - Chip was a great person who gave us our start as the Callaway Owners Group at the Carlisle Callaway Reunion in 2002. :cool
Thanks! :m

Absolutely outstanding! Thanks Luigi for putting this together. What a great idea for a fund raiser. I've already submitted my request, and I'll get the checks off to you first of the week.

Luigi,
Excellent job :beer for a great foundation. Just ordered one. Thanks. :cool Gary

Luigi,
Beautiful work-just put a request in for one. I only wish I could be at Carlisle!
Thanks,
Jim

Luigi, great work, I just reserved one and will be mailing a check.

Luigi,

Thanks again for all the effort you have been putting forth. I just ordered one.
Beautiful job !!

Bruce

Very nice poster/pictures, well done job Luigi, :thumb

I will not order one as I think I need the money to attend Callaway open house 2008.

But I did some extra money in the jar last year when I bought that RED COG shirt.

Folks,

We have two weeks to Carlisle so I would like to provide a brief update on our Annual Fund Raising effort for the Chip Miller Charitable Foundation.

A great number of the posters have already been reserved via the COG website e-mail form http://www.callawayownersgroup.com/CommForm.html and a number of you have committed to contribute above the minimum amount. We wish to thank all who have contributed for this great cause. There are only a few poster prints left.

In addition to the completed COG e-mail forms we received, we also received a few blank forms. I sent confirmation e-mails to everyone who we received completed forms from.

Since Chris has been away on his month long SC580 tour, I cannot account for any checks that might have been sent to him but which a COG e-mail form was not received.

If you sent a check but did not send us a message using this form, or if you did not receive a confirmation e-mail, I kindly ask that you fill out the form now so that we are able to fulfill all poster requests.

If you are still thinking about getting one of these, act now as we only have a few left. Remember that the full amount of the check made out directly to the Chip Miller Charitable Foundation is tax deductible.

Thanks in advance,

-Luigi
:cool

Got mine reserved!!!! A touch of Class, looks wonderful! I'm excited to add it to my growing collectable collection! Luigi you are a MASTER! I love all your work. I can't wait to see everyone at Carlisle. We are going to rock the house!
:upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom