Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The Conversion Factor

R

Rufus1050

I'm currently interested in 90 model vette that has been converted from fuel injection to carburetor. The car is from a state that has emission standards and it's been advertized for sale on CAC. If there are members who have experience with conversions, I'd appreciate a heads up on what to be leary of and other pointers that may assist me in making the decision on whether or not to make the purchase. The price is very attractive and...
The 90 model was the most electronically advanted corvette to date and had two computers. I'm wondering how swapping to a carburetor affects one or both computers. My biggest concern is the potential for electrical problems that were or are linked to the computer. Any help will be appreciated.

carb conversion

I would only buy such a car for the track or drag strip. If you have any intension of licensing it to drive the risk is huge. Even if your state has no emission test now things do change over time. At the least I would want all original parts so it could be returned to stock if it became necessary, I would also want evidence that it has passed emission testing in the home state as now configured. I believe the electrical/computer issues could be solved by an experienced tuner but that is just a guess. Just my opinion of course, the final decision is between you and the seller, it is a great looking car and looks like a quality conversion from the pictures posted.

Conversion factor

Say Toptech...thanks for the thoughts. I'm going to pass on this one. Appreciate your comments. I guess I'll just return my focus to my 85...getting the ac converted tomorrow. Paint next...

Rufus...save the wave!

good call.. the more something has been modified or changed the more the chance of problems down the road..
-=Rick

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom