Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

the decline of the C4

everything werks but the forward and back.....what do ya think.?

Drive cables but gear in the box to have both sides quit.

Back to the subject. The C4s are such a bargain I am thinking of selling the 06 Grand Prix and getting my
wife a corvette as a daily driver. Seeing how she wants to drive the 90 ever chance she gets.:D

Glenn
:w

the increse in insurance might offset the savings..lol.....(because of the speeding tickets)

everything werks but the forward and back.....what do ya think.?
the gear in seat track is stripped. only one place that has it and they dont sell it. they use strictly for themselves rebuilding seat tracks. the only thing you can do is buy a rebuilt or hope you can find a used track. SORRY!!!!.

I got rid of my C4 a few months ago after wanting more performance. It came down to either spending quite a bit on modifications and probably end up spending more than what the car itself was worth for me to be satisfied or getting something newer.

I first looked at C6's and C5 Z's. Didn't see one that fit my budget/criteria. Looked at some C4's that were modified. Some looked good, low chasis miles with nice motor modifications. But the problem is that they were asking too much, trying to get their monies back from the mods.

Kind of gave up and then found an '01 Z a few hours from me. Hoping to pick it up this weekend!

When I was looking at C4's, I noticed the prices had dropped a lot. The ZR1's were still more than what I wanted to spend. The LT4's were perfect but it seemed like there weren't that many for sale compared to other C4's, obviously because they made less of them. My uncle says the same thing about 'Vette's selling for less out there in CA. My dad was looking and my uncle told him to go out there to look.

I got rid of my C4 a few months ago after wanting more performance. It came down to either spending quite a bit on modifications and probably end up spending more than what the car itself was worth for me to be satisfied or getting something newer.

I first looked at C6's and C5 Z's. Didn't see one that fit my budget/criteria. Looked at some C4's that were modified. Some looked good, low chasis miles with nice motor modifications. But the problem is that they were asking too much, trying to get their monies back from the mods.

Kind of gave up and then found an '01 Z a few hours from me. Hoping to pick it up this weekend!

When I was looking at C4's, I noticed the prices had dropped a lot. The ZR1's were still more than what I wanted to spend. The LT4's were perfect but it seemed like there weren't that many for sale compared to other C4's, obviously because they made less of them. My uncle says the same thing about 'Vette's selling for less out there in CA. My dad was looking and my uncle told him to go out there to look.

One thing I have noticed, after several months on this site is that corvettes are cheaper in california...i have told several people to look at the los angeles craigs list...but usually that advice goes un noticed...you can lead a horse to water....:BDH

sometimes, going too far isn't practical for some people. It wasn't for me because I wanted to personally inspect the vehicle before I bought it. Some buyers might not mind someone else inspecting the vehicle for them but I'm not that type. I have bought items sight unseen but nothing as big ticket as a car.

sometimes, going too far isn't practical for some people. It wasn't for me because I wanted to personally inspect the vehicle before I bought it. Some buyers might not mind someone else inspecting the vehicle for them but I'm not that type. I have bought items sight unseen but nothing as big ticket as a car.

gmjunkie is a dealer and a wrench and has a car hauler..lol

...Kind of gave up and then found an '01 Z a few hours from me. Hoping to pick it up this weekend!...

Good luck LT! :thumb

I hope to hear that you are in the driver's seat this weekend.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom