Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

News: The demise of a great Corvette magazine !

Corvette
2003 50th Annversary Red coupe, beautiful !
I have been a reader of "Corvette Fever" & "Corvette Enthusiast". Well Corvette Fever died and "Vette Magazine" took it's place. I subscribed to both and now I have six months of "Vette" left and seven months of "Corvette Enthusiast". I'm not all that crazy about 'Vette" magazine but I did enjoy Corvette Enthusiast. But low and behold, they too have left the building. What has taken their place in "Auto Enthusiast" 218 pages of Mustangs, Mopars, Camaro's, Pontiacs and Chevy's and finally corvettes.

Overall, I'm NOT impressed. This is a glossy edition of "Hemmings Magazine". Lots and lots of advertisers of everything Collectible Automotive. Parts, Insurance, plating and so on. So for the next seven months this is about all there is of Corvette centered Magazines. I think I've subscribed to my last magazine !

FWIW, Corvette Enthusiast never mentioned in a letter of the last issue of the magazine that they where jumping ship ? :ugh

I got a sample - vol 1, #1 too. I wasn't impressed with Auto Enthusiast either. I wasn't a subscriber to either of the other Vette mags.

Are you sure that those two are on the way out? I subscribe to both and did not get any notification that they were stopping pruduction. I did get the sample issue that you mentioned. I thought that was just a solicitation for a new mag.

When I received the Auto Enthusiast Mag, I almost thru it out without looking at it. Then I saw that it was a new mag replacing Corvette Enthusiast. Was I ever disappointed, I am not interested in the other cars at all. I just want Corvette only. Now I am stuck with about 3 years of the mag. I subscribed to both Corvette Fever and VETTE and luckily, they extended my subscription to VETTE when Fever folded. Many years ago the Sporting News (published weekly) was known as the Baseball Bible and only published baseball. I started my subscription in 1957 and it usually took me about 5 or more hours to get thru it. About 10 years or so ago, they went to all sports reporting. Now I get thru it in less than 1 hour, and when the baseball season is over, it takes even less time. Several years ago, Baseball Weekly went to Sports Weekly, and their baseball coverage suffers. Fortunately we still have VETTE and Corvette Magazine, and the NCM magazine. I used to get Corvette News, but it is long gone. I still have many of the issues. They are currently sold on e-bay and I occasionally buy an edition if I don't have it. I don't like reading magazines, books, nor newspapers on-line, so my reading skills will suffer. It has been said that things change, but in my opinion not always for the better. Guess it is just the economy. My father used to complain that the things he liked were discontinued, but I really never understood, but now I do. I don't like it at all; guess I am turning into my father. But I am sure that some people will embrace the changes.
Barrett

Are you sure that those two are on the way out? I subscribe to both and did not get any notification that they were stopping pruduction. I did get the sample issue that you mentioned. I thought that was just a solicitation for a new mag.

Both Corvette Fever and Corvette Enthusiast are now defunct.

When I received the Auto Enthusiast Mag, I almost thru it out without looking at it. Then I saw that it was a new mag replacing Corvette Enthusiast. Was I ever disappointed, I am not interested in the other cars at all. I just want Corvette only. Now I am stuck with about 3 years of the mag. I subscribed to both Corvette Fever and VETTE and luckily, they extended my subscription to VETTE when Fever folded. Many years ago the Sporting News (published weekly) was known as the Baseball Bible and only published baseball. I started my subscription in 1957 and it usually took me about 5 or more hours to get thru it. About 10 years or so ago, they went to all sports reporting. Now I get thru it in less than 1 hour, and when the baseball season is over, it takes even less time. Several years ago, Baseball Weekly went to Sports Weekly, and their baseball coverage suffers. Fortunately we still have VETTE and Corvette Magazine, and the NCM magazine. I used to get Corvette News, but it is long gone. I still have many of the issues. They are currently sold on e-bay and I occasionally buy an edition if I don't have it. I don't like reading magazines, books, nor newspapers on-line, so my reading skills will suffer. It has been said that things change, but in my opinion not always for the better. Guess it is just the economy. My father used to complain that the things he liked were discontinued, but I really never understood, but now I do. I don't like it at all; guess I am turning into my father. But I am sure that some people will embrace the changes.
Barrett

I'm with you, but it's not just about the economy (it is a part of it of course), it is also about how money is made now. Your magazine purchase is only one "hit" for the publisher. On the internet every mouse click is a "hit", even if it is just to get rid of a pop up. So basically there is more money to be made on the internet by showing your advertisers how many "hits" you have received in a given time peroid. That's why the magazines, and even TV shows, tell you to go to their web site for more information. They want your free "hits" so they can charge more money for the advertising time being sold. And we all know that it's all about the money, always has been. That's one thing that has/will never changed. :)

I may be imagining it, but seems to me the whole Corvette hobby/lifestyle is at a really low ebb. It may be just the economy, but I think it may go beyond that. Corvettes were always "more than just a car" for the younger generation, but I'm not feeling that anymore. It's about choices, and there are a lot more out there these days with all the imported performance cars. So those who choose imports may be making a long-term impact.

I don't mean to start the whole import vs. American quality, etc, etc issues up again. That's a different topic.

Auto Enthusiast

Hib,

Just received my copy as well, not really impressed at all

Glad to see though that you are a contributor

Are you at liberty to tell us what the other 5 titles were rolled into Auto Enthusiast. The Shop Tech column said seven titles but did not expand. My gut tells me the marque specific titles................

Both Corvette Fever and Corvette Enthusiast are now defunct.

Hib,

Just received my copy as well, not really impressed at all

Glad to see though that you are a contributor

Are you at liberty to tell us what the other 5 titles were rolled into Auto Enthusiast. The Shop Tech column said seven titles but did not expand. My gut tells me the marque specific titles................

The way I understand it, the titles which were rolled into AE are
Corvette Enthusiast
Chevy Enthusiast
Mustang Enthusiast
MoPar Enthusiast
Cars and Parts

That said, I'm only an outside contributor to the Amos Press magazines. The above may not be correct and to get the straight story, you may have to contact someone who works for Auto Enthusiast to get the correct info.

Just Say'in

I had six months left on my subscibtion to Corvette Fever and they automatically converted it to Vette Magazine. I think the overall presentation is much better. But then I've never been know for my taste.
Remo:cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom