Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

News: The disaster and the corvette museum !

Corvette
2003 50th Annversary Red coupe, beautiful !
It's kind of odd, in a personal nature that is, right after the news of the disaster, My sister who lives in Texas and my ex who lives in the Poconos, she even called me to ask what I knew or felt. I guess after owning 5 Corvettes they must now have the addiction I have. but I am so glad GM is taking over. When you think about it, all of the cars that were lost down into the hole, but they weren't in a collision or dropped from a 5 storied parking garage. They fell into a hold, their not salvage, just damaged. It'd a break my heart if they were just cut them up into pieces. But for me, the disaster kind of reunited what's left of my family ? :w

Last edited:
Actually, if the hole is 50 feet deep in places like they are now estimating, it's like they fell off a 5 story parking garage. At least the cars in that part of the hole. ;shrug

I have had tons of people ask me about the incident. I was wearing one of my Corvette jackets in a store the other day and a complete stranger came up to me and asked if I had heard about it.

All three of my daughters contacted me and several colleagues asked me about it over the first several days. I guess they all expected me to know all about it.

Finally, the first one sees daylight !

Actually, if the hole is 50 feet deep in places like they are now estimating, it's like they fell off a 5 story parking garage. At least the cars in that part of the hole. ;shrug

Well a minute or two ago, 'Good Morning America' showed footage of the top car, a 2009 LS9 as it was sitting just outside of the sinkhole. And one of the anchors said to Robin Roberts, "Here's the first one out Robin !" and she in the most eloquent style shot back "American Made ! " I'm in love ! :w

She may not have said that if she had a look at the C4........it was real rough........like a train hit it. 62 comes out today and it should be in fair shape. Then they start digging......

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom