Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The Future Of GM

L

ltmax

I suppose everyone's heard of the new CEO at GM soon? The fact that she's a she means nothing to me, I'm just wondering how qualified she actually is and what this means for GM, Chevy, and our Vette. I won't say much more but, as I referred to earlier this year, DeLorenzo at Autoextremist is pretty steamed about this move on the part of outgoing "Captain Queeg", as he calls him. Yesterday's article seeths with hate against the Captain, and as I said before, if only HALF of this is true, GM just got served up a whole lot of Not Good.
I'm curious for inputs on this here since I'm not an insider or anything, just hoping for the best for GM and our ride of choice. Lemme know...

Well ole Pete don't like ole Dan much....that I do know.....I do agree that people like Mark Reuss and Ed Welburn and Tadge Juechter have done a great job bringing some top notch products to the market no matter how screwy Akerman was. The car guys are getting it done....and that ultimatly will mean success in the marketplace.

Hoping for the Best...

Well ole Pete don't like ole Dan much....that I do know.....I do agree that people like Mark Reuss and Ed Welburn and Tadge Juechter have done a great job bringing some top notch products to the market no matter how screwy Akerman was. The car guys are getting it done....and that ultimatly will mean success in the marketplace.

Well, I just hope she's more product oriented than politically oriented. Here's to hoping for the best :beer

( She needs to drive the Vette, that'll do it! )

After reading that "Autoextremist" article I don't know why anyone would believe the website at all. It's totally about shock and sensationalism (can you say FOX News, Fox Sports, etc.) to generate advertising revenue, and to hell with any facts that might get in the way. That kind of so called "journalism" doesn't deserve a website hit in my opinion....

After reading that "Autoextremist" article I don't know why anyone would believe the website at all. It's totally about shock and sensationalism (can you say FOX News, Fox Sports, etc.) to generate advertising revenue, and to hell with any facts that might get in the way. That kind of so called "journalism" doesn't deserve a website hit in my opinion....[/QUOTE

Even the name "Autoextremist" is fair warning that the opinions contained therein are not measured or objective. The World is too full of extremists of every ilk to take this site seriously. I don't know anything about Ackerson other than he is a former Marine, longtime Vette owner, led GM to profitability, and he's leaving to be with his gravely ill wife. I'd say he can walk away with his head held high.

Everyone who has achieved what he has is free to second guess everything he's done. I'm just glad GM, and the half million jobs it supports is still around.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom