Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The good, the bad and the ugly

oceangal

Corvette
1982 silver/claret
Well my hard working husband tried but the car is just not cooperating! The non leak valve cover gaskets leaked, the battery I bought at napa is a p.o.s.. Long story short, the car was not going any where yesterday. Today we are going to get rain so basically no ride before the surgery for me.

So he did put on the guide coat as I don't think he wanted me driving around in a spotted car. of course he had to add his own "touch" to it. Last night after I gave up on being able to drive it he was still in the basement and added a new emblem to it (see below)

corvettemay09021.jpg

corvettemay09020.jpg

corvettemay09023.jpg

corvettemay09025.jpg

corvettemay09024.jpg

corvettemay09028.jpg

corvettemay09029.jpg

corvettemay09030.jpg

corvettemay09030.jpg

I like the 'devil' name on the nose,paint is looking gooooood!!!!!!!
I know how you feel about the vette though,mine It seemed like everytime I got close to finishing it something else would go wrong!!!!:mad

I finally threathened to leave it up on jack stands all summer!!!!
since then no problem!!!!!!;LOL;LOL

anyway,good luck with the surgery,we will keep you in our prayers!!!!!:thumb:thumb:thumb

Hope everything works out. It must have been a cursed weekend for C3s, putting my door panel back together I found out that the inside door handle mechanism is broken (the groove the handle slides into is pretty much gone) and the holding screw for the handle has stripped out the hole so now I have to source a new assembly. This on top of a seatbelt bolt that is going to have to be torched out because it is rusted solid.

He is funny.. :L

Looking good from here, even in this Devil Dressing.. :thumb

All the best during the surgery and a speedy recovery Lori.

:w
-Stefan

anything and everything napa sells is junk! what sucks for me is its the ONLY auto parts store i dont have to drive half an hour to get to

Hey all!

I am alive! Sore but alive! Thanks for the well wishes :)

My hubby cobbled that hood as only he can :)

It was a combination of me not wanting to lose the line down the front of the hood and he really liked the L88 look so he cut the part in the front and raised it up so it all blended. He jokingly calls it the 1983 vette!

Just 7 days of school left and he found what was most likely the problem, some piece of hose that he took out and then never replaced it. I think it was under the air cleaners, I can't remember now.

So hopefully this weekend it can get finished and I can maybe drive it next Friday and bring the boy to school for at least one day.

I still have no idea what the final color scheme will look like.

Lori,

I am glad you came out ok from surgery. Every now and then, hospitals turn into Hotel California's....."you can check-out any time of day, but can't never leave"....:L

The new motif on your Vette made me think of that classic movie..."The Devil In Mrs. Jones". :L

Did hubby make the emblem from aftermarket font, or did he have it made?

GerryLP :cool

Thanks Gerry!

The emblem is from a coupe deville. He has quite a few emblems from all the cars he has worked on over the years.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom