Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The Great American Freedom Machine

Very cool! :) That reminds me of the '67 Vette from Austin Powers that was painted like the flag.

MacShee98: Great way to show your patriotism!! Is that painted?? If so, can I ask where & how much did it run you??

No, not painted. Not a decal. It's simply a "special effects" thing, done digitally on the computer to evaluate the concept.

I took a shot of my car, and the flag, and manipulated the flags perspective and rotation to match that of the "plane" of the rear fascia. Then masked the area and inserted the flag, allowing the underlying luminance to remain so that it would contour and shaddow like it was really there.

I wish it were real, like a giant static-cling piece that I could apply and remove whenever I wanted. Now wouldn't that be cool.

Take Care, Drive Safely!

Thanks for the response. It really does look great!! Maybe their is a market niche for producing such a decal?? Your idea may not be too farfetched. Hmmmm..... I have seen a few pictures in Vette magazines of C5's that have been completely airbrushed with American flags. There is one Vette that a woman from IL drives that is absolutely incredible; just alittle too much for me.

Regards

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom