Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The MiniRam & Ram Clutch conversion begins!

thanks bro!

man did i enjoy reading that!!!! thanks again that was sweet!!!!

Very Cool thats VERY similar to what I had in mind bud.

Same Intake I had planned VERY similar Im going to copy some key info from this thread for when I do mine!

Kind of sad....

Kind of sad seeing this thread wind up. I have really enjoyed following along with your upgrades.... You did a great job with the "play by play" progress reports.

-Gunner

Oh yeah, I'm following along Ken. I haven't even found my vette yet and I am already collecting parts for the engine rebuild I have in mind. Very similar to what you are doing btw. When I actually have the car and start the project I hope to do a play by play also.

-Gunner

Gunner,

I can give you a quick update. Number one, my rear tires are FRIED!!!:hb

They were already getting weak, but the extra ponies, my driving style, and the last autocross killed them.

Here is my problem. The front tires are like new (BFG Comp T/A ZR radials). I found out the other day that they no longer make them, and I have not found any in stock anywhere. I am being told they have all been sold out for months.

So, I don't want miss matched tires, and don't want to buy a whole new set :mad

I also found out, that the more worn the tire gets the harder the rubber gets, and the less it sticks. This explains why my back end looked like greased lighting at the track.

BFGoodrich now makes a G force tire that is the ultimate dry weather street tire and a really sweet wet weather version. I am fond of BFG tires, and am swinging that way. However, can't justify four of them at this time.

Second quick update is the mild oil leak. I keep getting a small puddle of oil under the car after I drive the 70 mile or so round trip to and from work. It does not leave a drip in the parking lot at work, but does after it sits overnight. I am convinced it is either the back of the intake, or the valve covers. These are cheap steel chrome covers and I notice oil puddling up in the screw hole area (perimeter valve cover bolts on Edelbrock heads like pre 87).

No time to fool with it righ now. I am shoving the big block in the 69 Corvette this weekend. I am keeping my eyes peeled for a decent deal on a set of rear tires.

We race again this Sunday, so I am going to put my old 1985 16" rims and tires on the car. They will stick out a tad, but that is fine.

69MyWay said:
...the more worn the tire gets the harder the rubber gets, and the less it sticks.

:nono Not always the case Chris; it depends on the tire composition and design. I know that the Michelin's that were on mine when I got it were pretty well-worn (and even had nails in 'em I found out later!), and they stuck pretty good at some stupid (for me at the time - being a new Corvette owner) speeds.

_ken :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom