Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The right chip

92ghost

Corvette
1992 White Coupe
At the risk of asking a question that I'm sure has been asked many times before. I have a 92 LT1 coupe with auto that is completely stock and like many of us, would like to increase HP and TQ via the CHIP. Is there a best chip for the non programmable 92 computer? I've seen and read ads for Hypertech and JET and I'm sure there are more out there but not a clue as to which one to choose. Some need a Thermostat (160 deg) to work properly or to get the most performance from the programming. I've seen prices differ by $100 or more and I'm willing to spend the extra cash for piece of mind knowing I wont destroy the engine. Any response from those with after market chips would be appreciated.

92ghost said:
At the risk of asking a question that I'm sure has been asked many times before. I have a 92 LT1 coupe with auto that is completely stock and like many of us, would like to increase HP and TQ via the CHIP. Is there a best chip for the non programmable 92 computer? I've seen and read ads for Hypertech and JET and I'm sure there are more out there but not a clue as to which one to choose. Some need a Thermostat (160 deg) to work properly or to get the most performance from the programming. I've seen prices differ by $100 or more and I'm willing to spend the extra cash for piece of mind knowing I wont destroy the engine. Any response from those with after market chips would be appreciated.

The ultimate PROM for each car is to Tune using scanning software to optimize the programming. Most Aftermarket companies for PROMS just change the fan temp and may change some Spark values.

I also Burn PROMs and there are couple CAC Member running then in their cars.. 89ZZ4 and Edmond are currently running my chips.. Edmond is Happy with his as well as 89ZZ4, but 89ZZ4 needs some tweaking to his, which we are working on.

I am able to Program and Burn Proms for 86-93 Vettes. Shoot me an email at vettxtc@attbi.com if you are interested

IMO: hypertech = garbage, Jet = garbage x 2

For an off the shelf chip, superchips makes an excellent chip, and does a good job of standing behind their product... I have heard no negatives about them.

92ghost said:

Hypertech is terribly overpriced, you get less for paying more. Who would want to do that? Not me, so I went to Jeff and he had me up and running in no time.

Contact him, it's much better than buying a generically burned chip and that Hypertech talk about 20/20 gains is BS in my opinion.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom