Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The search is over

Aurora40

Corvette
1990 red on red ZR-1
Well, I found a car today that was really what I was looking for. It was in very impressive cosmetic shape and ran very nicely. It's 1990 ZR-1 #2517, a red on red car with 21,000 miles on it. It has a Hurst shifter and I believe Flowmasters, plus 5-spokes. But all in all it's pretty stock which I like. It has a blue clear top (not duals), the original wheels and LTPWS's, but the owners kit was lost in a fire by the original owner.

I need to do some paperwork first and then go pick up the car, but it's basically mine barring any sort of catastrophe. It wasn't a steal, but was what I feel a fair price especially given the very pristine condition.

It needs the fluids changed, and possibly the secondary vacuum system overhauled (pump cycles on about every 10-15 seconds for a brief instant), but ran very nicely. It's quite a bit more power than I'm used to, and probably enough to satisfy me for some time.

I'm very excited about owning (and waxing) a Corvette again! Here are a few photos:

zr11.jpg

zr12.jpg

zr13.jpg

There is some thing about a red Z . Drive it well !

Congrats and welcome back to vette ownership! :beer

Way to go Aurora40!! Very nice looking Z! Ya gotta love red corvettes. Welcome to the fold. I wish you many hours of grins with your new car. Tom

Thanks for all the congrats! I'm pretty excited. :)

I'm ordering my Helm manuals right now with the LT5 supplement. I really don't want to take it to have the emissions testing done to register it... :-\ I hate having shops touch my cars...

As an aside, I was searching around a fair bit on ZR1 stuff today. I came across this web page: http://www.corvetteforum.net/c4/92c4/

I can recall drooling over this car about a year or more ago. It looked so mint, and the beautiful environment around the car certainly helped. I'd sort of forgotten that, but the pictures jogged my memory. This is the exact car I'm buying, I was just at the owner's beautiful home in the rolling hills of southern Virginia. :upthumbs

Congrats on your find, Aurora40. That's a real nice looking low mileage ZR-1 (I'd love to have one!).
Looks like all that time and patience paid off for you. Enjoy!

-John

Congrats Aurora! I hope yours brings you as much enjoyment as mine has brought me. :lou

Cograts! the red looks awesome!

Looks sharp - I think I have seen a bunch of pics of that Z before out in the owners lawn, maybe???

Anyways, There was a 1993 405hp ZR1 for $24,500 for sale in VA this weekend - too late now for that I suppose...

Miles were 54k

Enjoy your car! Chris

Thanks Chris and everyone! I really prefer the pre-1991 style, though. It really "does it" for me. :)

Congrats

Congratulations on the king of the hill aquisition. It's STILL the vette I want next. keep the c-6's and Z06.I'll take a KOTH everytime....

maybe you should use the valet key until you get accustomed to the power...;LOL

enjoy it in good health.

Len:w

Here it is safe at home!

home1.jpg

We still have the Aurora, it's just at the dealer. It'll be residing next to the 'vette and the Regal will have to live outside.

atmmac said:
Congratulations you have one hell of a car!

Damn straight!:L

I've never driven a ZR-1, but I've rode in one and it was a rush!:D

Man, I spent most of yesterday and today on the car. I vacuumed it out, cleaned up the carpets, wiped down the interior and treated it, cleaned the leather and conditioned it twice, washed, debugged, and clayed the exterior, then polished it with Pinnacle paint cleansing lotion which deepened the color and added some gloss. Then topped that off with Pinnacle Souveran.

The paint needs a bit more intensive polishing, but wow does the car look great! I've got the basics done so now I can focus more on the details. The car was in quite nice shape to begin with, but I can definitely see the difference. And the interior has a nice leathery smell... :D

This week I want to change the coolant, oil, and it needs a new battery from sitting a fair bit. And of course I need to title it, get it emissions inspected, and get tags for it.

Did you pinch yourself yet? I know everytime I clean mine I think... is this mine? Can I play with it? Aurora40 that is one very fine looking ZR-1! Enjoy it for a long time:beer Did you figure out how to remove the grin?:D

She looks so clean! :w

Beautiful car ! Welcome to the club ! Looks your new Z found a great home !
Make sure you exercise the secondaries often... That vacuum issue may clear up with proper use of the gas pedal ! It worked for me on the 90 #334 I use to own... Code 61 showed up for a while, then disappeared... 2 years later it still hasn't re-appeared...
Over time certain things will need replacement, however, I am sure your already aware of that.
Good luck. and let us know if your struck by "mod fever" :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom