Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The VB&P spring cracked!!! But, VB&P made it right!

69MyWay

Corvette
1969 Killer Shark
For those of you not looking under the Polls section and the National Drive Your Corvette to work day Poll, you may have missed the fact that my rear dual mount fiberglass spring snapped. :eek

Thank God I caught it in time. I left the car at my office and was able to get an overnight rush shipment on a replacement spring. VB&P said this is very rare, but are taking good care of me to get it swaped out.

Maybe there was a air bubble in the mixture or something.

attachment.php

It only took me about 10 minutes to swap it out, and we just drove it back home in the nice Summer time heat and 100% humidity. Man, this is going to be a much better night cruiser and spring/fall time car. Even with the a/c on, it is just brutal out there in an all black machine.

Made it home though!

attachment.php

Hi 69MyWay

Looks impressive. Glad you caught it so early.
10 Min for replacement ? Wow, is this spring held with quick release fasteners ?:crazy
Strange setup with this double mount.
What's the benefit against the original single mount ?
So, now you will look underneath the car at every red light stop.:D
I love your car in black, my favorite colour. ( is black a colour ?:cool )

Good luck, Gunther

Gunther said:
Hi 69MyWay

Looks impressive. Glad you caught it so early.
10 Min for replacement ? Wow, is this spring held with quick release fasteners ?:crazy
Strange setup with this double mount.
What's the benefit against the original single mount ?
So, now you will look underneath the car at every red light stop.:D

Good luck, Gunther

Thanks, I believe a Vette can be any color as long as it is red or black!

The dual mount allows you to change the stiffness of the spring by moving the pivot bolt on each dual mount to one of four different settings. You can go from soft ride to all out competition. I have mine set one back from total competition tuning. The front transfer spring is the same way with the adjustable pivot pins. It is a cool design which allows great flexibility.

Hey thats pretty freaky there. Would of have sucked if you were driving the thing. SCARY!!! Especially in a ride like that, ooohhh baby!

To answer a previous post, black is not a color. Actually, it is the absence of color! So what color is it..........answer: I guess we could say 69's vette color IS A GEORGEOUS NOTHING!! Pun intended. :)

Now I learned in art class...

...that White is the absence of color, and Black is what you get if you mixed all colors together.
So I would say, 69's vette is a GORGEOUS SHADE OF EVERY COLOR IMAGINEABLE!
Sil

(now my gray would be black with white added to varying degrees...black and white, guess I'm a zebra!)
(note: I did not list skunk!) :t

If you have ever read the ingredients of a gallon of auto paint, you would be surprised to learn what is in there. For example, a white paint could have several grams of blue, red, green, yellow. In fact, a red paint usually has blue and violet mixed in.

There are different blacks. There is a black black, and a brown black. Being in the insurance business, I have seen where black was taken for granted and paint messed up on vehicles.

residential interior paint

I have noticed that for some colors they put in 'blobs' of different colors, ones you would not think would mix well, but it turns out just right.
I never thought vehicle paint would be the same way.
Interesting, the things you can learn on Corvette Action Center!
Sil

These are your words exactly:

Thanks, I believe a Vette can be any color as long as it is red or black!

Was red or black an option on the very first vettes that came from the factory. You could be opening up a whole new discussion about favorite colors. Probably the GM gods decided that there were others out there that really didn't care for red or black.
personally I think black has the deepest reflection when its clean & waxed but every little stone chip or blemish sticks out like a zit on your nose. Maybe there should be a poll as to which is the most popular colors :argue not just what was manufactured the most. Just a thought!

Also you were very lucky that the spring didn't break worse while driving, I like the idea of adjusting the ride.

I think it is the opposite. Black is indeed the ABSENCE of light. White is the misture of all. A prism takes WHITE lightand divides it up into all of the colors in the spectrum, right? hehe

wow that is a freaky thing. but at least it was an easy fix. :)

Good luck, Gunther [/B]

Ha, ha, I knew this colour thing would get you going.:L
Regardless if it is a colour or just absence of it, it's definately one of the right ways to colour absence ( or paint ? ) a Vette.:beer

69MyWay, a German friend just ordered the mono front spring setup. I will make a trip over there to look at this, once he's got it. Just number 306 on my wish list.:cry

Gunther

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom