Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The Waiting, The Sweating: Air Conditioning Poll

How Long Do You Wait for AC?

• Total voters
I leave the diesel running with the A/C wide open hoping that is refrig. temp when I get back .

Seriously, what are you guys talking about. Here in balmy Baqubah the temp with the heat index yesterday was 136. I can't wait to get back to the relatively cool 90 of Colorado Springs. But I don't turn my a/c off when I get out of the car either. It just stays on till I don't need it anymore. I've never had any problems.

I could be wrong but pretty sure I'm not...there is a delay built into the AC unit. Even if you leave it on when you start the engine the AC does not kick in for about 10 seconds,also this way in my 2000 Trail Blazer. So start em up cause there is no load on at the start as far as I know.

I have always started my cars with the A/C on. It cools down relatively quickly, and stays cool. Though with the smoked glass top, I did have to get a slip in headliner. Even on a cold winter day with the sun out, the car really heated up.

I drive my car only on sunny days so frankly, with the top down I use the air conditioning to cool my feet. :D

I chose "wait 30 seconds". I dont actually wait; it's just a routine : Get in...start car...open windows...put ac on (or it may already be on if I didnt remember to shut it off, always shut it when parking in garage at home, rarely shut it at the store)...drive a little to get the superheated air out...close windows.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom