Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The work of a true Craftsman

IH2LOSE

Corvette
1966,and a 1962 thats almost complete
So I really am shocked sometimes,There is so much talent on this forum.

From This
dcmyuk.JPG

TO This
dm502ht2.JPG

dm502uh3.JPG

That is absolutley spectactular.I can see the quaility of your work and also can imagine the amount of hours you had to invest in that hood,

Excellent work and I commend you on it

So someone might be wondering ,What makes it so spectacular ? Is knowing how much work was done on it to acomodate the intake for the motor,and then seeing the finished product and thinking it looks perfectly STOCK.

Wana guess what hood he actually started out with?

Great work!

I agree.. that is some really nice work.
-=Rick

Man that sure did turn out purdy considering the pics from before.. I wish my hood underside looked that good. I really like carring over the stinger on the underside...Dave...

Great work Dennis, although I had seen the pics the other day :D

Any luck with Vintage Air?

Tom M

"So someone might be wondering ,What makes it so spectacular ? Is knowing how much work was done on it to acomodate the intake for the motor,and then seeing the finished product and thinking it looks perfectly STOCK."

Retaining the classic style while adapting it to work with new components is the approach that works great on these cars. Great job Dennis. :upthumbs

Rich Lagasse

I had to go down to the garage to look at my 67 427/390Hp car to see the differance....Mine is factory original but yours looks better....Mine is black with a red stinger.....I can tell yours is raised about one inch....is that correct?? and was it adaped from a 66 or 65 big block hood...
One thing I can tell you for sure is that there was a lot of thought and work that went into this project.....
If you lived in my area, you would have plenty of work....
I must commend you on the fine job that was done...

Mike

Thanks Guys, It means alot coming from this group. Just finished painting/blending the front clip a few hours ago, here is a pic of the hood on the car.

dmoop1.JPG

Dennis the car looks great.

Again I commend your work,With so many hacks out there.Its really refreshing to look at the work of a craftsman. I hope the owner of the car realizes what you built him,If it was mine I would be very proud and greatfull for having it.

Its just so perfect because it looks stock.

midyear said:
Thanks Guys, It means alot coming from this group. Just finished painting/blending the front clip a few hours ago, here is a pic of the hood on the car.
dmoop1.JPG
Wow, She looks great. Love the color combo too. You guys with 2-3 cars really make me jealous
:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom