Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Thinking about new wheels

Tims93

Corvette
1993 Polo green coupe
I would like to get new rims for my 93 coupe. I know I want chrome but I haven't decided on ZR-1 or the Z-06 style. Currently a company has a set of Z-06 wheels for sale on e-bay; 17 x 9.5 (54mm offset), 18 X 10.5 (58mm offset). Will these mount on my car with no problems? I'm pretty sure the 18's will fit on the back but I'm not sure if the offsets are correct. The car currently has the stock sawblades 17x9.5 and 17x11. Also if anyone has a picture of your c-4 with the Z-06 style wheels and can post it, it would help me make my decision. I've seen lots with the ZR-1's but I don't recall seeing any with the Z-06's. Also, if you just want to chime in with which wheel you think would look better, I would appreciate that. Thanks and take care, Tim :w

I can't help you with the sizing, Tim. But, I can always give an opinion :D My personal preference are the ZR-1 wheels. I've seen Z06 wheels on C-4's and they just didn't look quite right on that body style. Course, that's just my preference. If I come accross a pic of a C-4 with those wheels, I'll post it.

The C5 wheels look great on a C4. I disagree wtih the Z06 wheels. I have seen them on a couple C4's and thought they looked good. Size isnt an issue. hehehe The 18's will fit on a C4 no problem. hehehehe size isnt and issue, I crack me up!!!!

Chrome looks awesome on any Vette'. I saw the dull color Z06 wheels on a red C4 and they looked awesome. The contrast was what made it look good.

That being said, I like the 5 spoke wheels better because it shows more caliper and looks more open. Then you'd have to paint the calipers because that would look so awesome! :cool

I agree with Jeff... I love the Y2Ks! However, those early C5s look pretty good as well. Not a huge fan of the Z06 rims.

Oliver

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom