Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

thinking of selling my vette :-/

O

Oldskool153

kind of tired of payin 537 a month (between payment and insurance) for a car i never use.. i bought her in sept with 82k and its the end of june and she has 85k...idk i kinda miss havin a street bike, i owe 5400 on my car and i paid 10k for it and put about another 2k in her. so im thinken if i can sell her for 8500 ill pay off my loan and take the 3k and buy a used streetbike either a 750 or 1000 kawasaki or suzuki... i just look at my car under the cover and i think how much more money i could have if i wasnt payin 537 a month for her plus another 350 a month for my truck...between the 2 im at 1000 a month for insurance and payments and keep in mind im 23 and i make good money for my age but thats a decent chunk of money for a car that i never have time to drive and it seems like when i do drive her im always fixing something. I hate to see her go tho....idk...any thoughts comments or ideas?

Get the bike, bank the rest and when your forty somthing like me with all the money you saved you should have enough cash saved up to get a 2010 zr1 or zo6.:D:D

I understand totally. I have a sv1000 and love it.. I am riding that when not in the vette... I love the bike. If you love bikes and really want one and the vette isnt being loved then make a lil change!

Well its not that the vet isn't loved. This is the 2nd c4 I've owned among about 10 other various muscle cars. I am a full fledged vet guy, I'm just so sick of pay for a car I don't use and paying to repair a car I don't use, and I just bought a 2005 z71 crew cab colorado so even if I go on a date I can still use the truck. Idk seein the car under the cover evryday makes me sick to my stomach about payin for it. The only prob is I still owe 5400 so the persons gonna have to go with me to pick up the title. I talked to my finance company and they said when I pay the car off they will sign over the title that day, so atleast the day they buy her we can go together and get the title

Sadly, im thinking of doing the same thing, I love my 1994, but it seems everytime i drive it something pops up, here lately ive been trying to diagnose a burning fluid on the exhaust (oil i think)and my girlfriend drives the car more than I, Im looking at a crewcab 2500hd diesel id like to have, but im still loosing sleep about it, i know ill miss my vette if i do let it go and after all it is a "VETTE" not a "pickup truck" :D I owe awound $4200 on mine paid $7500. payment a month is $190 but the insurance every 6 months is like $400....I just dont know :confused:confused

so i was so upset yesterday from just thinking about selling the car that i pulled the add of craigslist, ive decided im going to do evrything i can to keep the car...im 23 and that car is the one thing i own that im really proud of. i love driving it..my ex gf hated the car but thats part of the reason shes gone and the vets still parked outside my window at night. i called gieco today and thier quote for my colorado and my vet is 100 a month less then im paying with progressive for the two. before i had the colorado i was paying 255 a month with progressive just for the vet...they now want 383 a month for the 2 vehicles. gieco wants around 280 a month for the both, which is only 20 a month more then i was paying before i even had the truck so hopefully it works out. and about selling ur 94 you dont owe much, u should try to keep it aslong as possible and aslong as u can afford it b/c once u own it you wont be paying

When I was a young man and newly married, around your age, I made the mistake of having two car payments because I so wanted the vehicles. Well it nearly killed my finances. I didn't think about the other costs of car ownership such as maintenance, insurance, registration, etc. Now that I am older and wiser, I always do all my homework ahead of time. Not only do I figure out how much my payments are going to be for the car, but I also talk to my insurance agent to figure out the monthly insurance costs, then maintenance, then registration (registration in CA is big $$). I am always leary of having two care payments at the same time even if I can afford it. You just never know. So I try to stick to only one or none at all. Right now, I only have one car payment and I'm about to pay it off in a few months. That's when I plan to either get a C5 or C6 and have a big (C6) or small (C5) car payment.

I don't like paying off a car because it depreciates so quickly. If I can afford to pay the whole car off the first time, I just finance 50% of it and invest the rest of the money. This way, I earn interest on the other 50% instead of loosing equity on the value of a new/used car. That works really well if you can get 0% APR or even 2.9% APR. Higher than that and it may not make sense.

Enough of the accounting lessons. At your age I suggest you get rid of one car payment somehow. But that's just me. There will always be other Corvettes in your future.

If you don't drive it, sell it. Garage queens can be more expensive to maintain than mistresses.

i love her too much, im gonna try and stick it out. in 2 years itll be paid off and my truck payment isnt much. im 23 so once i pay the car off then ill start looking at houses

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom