Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

This Corvette for sale got me thinking...

*89x2*

It got me thinking that if cars like these are selling for bucks, other low production C4 RPO cars (Like a Callaway) can't be far behind...

Corvette for sale

A car w/ the same RPO sold in the mid 20's @ Carlisle this year and a pair of race cars sold for ~ twice that, each! :cool

One of 23 made in 1990:
40_12.JPG

Other low production C4's were the 88 and 89 Challenge cars and of course Grand Sports - and we have all seen what a fantastic year it has proven to be sales wise, for the Grand Sports.

What do you think?? I heard the seller of the blue 1990 above, wants ~ 48k

Well as a non-Corvette enthusiast for the most part (I like them a lot, but I don't specialize in them)... I think that one is desirable because the color is great, the miles are insanely low, and the wheels are really unique.

Prices for low mileage 1980s and 1990s American cars seem to all be pretty high. I saw a '94 Camaro Z28 with 25 miles on it sell on ebay a year ago for I think $22,000.

Hopefully by the time I am ready to start my C8 conversion, I'll be able to find a very low mileage '96 Z28 for less than 20k...

It seems rare enough. Well documented. Well kept. Beautiful color. I sincerely hope he gets what he asks for it because that will help bring up the values of C4s and rare corvettes (like the Callaways) but honestly I think this car is like an RPO B2K that was never converted. If its owner also had the Callaway engine to go with it, it would be just as rare and valuable.

Would someone pay the asking price?... possibly, its not that far out there given the low mileage, the documentation, and the spare engine.

It is not as valuable as a Challenge car because it never was... it was only designated to be one, but beautiful none the less.

-Luigi
:cool

Luigi, I do wonder where the bidding would be if it was a car with "history" (in racing) however, unconverted, it is still quite desireable :cool

Brangeta, those wheels are the same as any other 1990 would have had from the factory - the 1990 R9G cars were called "World Challenge" cas and were a bit different in nature (and content) fromthe 88/89 Challenge cars.

I think more than a handful of these cars are unconverted - here is another 1990 :cool

90r9g.jpg

90r9gcsc.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom