Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

THIS TAKES IT ALL...YOUTUBE VIDEO !!!

Stinger !!

Corvette
'08 Will Cooksey #144 Z06
This video either p*sses you off or it doesn't....not much in between!! It made me ...
:mad :hb :puke :duh :argue :bash ....:r

Watch all 8 minutes of it then post your thoughts.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCr1RXfKyVA

My thoughts?
Put any of 'US' behind the wheel and bring it on baby!!! :Steer
Those miserable F'n 'Your A Pee' N'S....!! :crazy ...sorry for the art work...but I am not taking this well...

My thoughts?

That show has always taken the mickey out of cars which they test. It's not about making owners happy. It's about getting laughs with their cute verbiage. It's called show biz. ;)

Who cares what they say? :D

Thanks for the clip.

I'm no expert but whenever they drive a Corvette on that show it seems like it's pretty sloppy. Am I the only one that sees that?

I've seen so many Top Gear clips on youtube that I already know what to expect when they test a Corvette. :eyerole This clip is no different.

This is the first clip that I've seen where they refer to us as "the Colonies", so I guess that was something new. :D

You have to remember we are talking about Brits here, do I need to mention tea parties and mg ( no offense to the mg) drivers with the beanee caps and plaid jackets. I also agree with some driver error on their part while driving the vette. Ive also never heard anyone complain about the shifter before, has anyone else? They just like picking on our cars. Wasnt that a british show that blew up an 84' not to long ago?

Thanks for the clip.

I'm no expert but whenever they drive a Corvette on that show it seems like it's pretty sloppy. Am I the only one that sees that?

I've seen so many Top Gear clips on youtube that I already know what to expect when they test a Corvette. :eyerole This clip is no different.

This is the first clip that I've seen where they refer to us as "the Colonies", so I guess that was something new. :D

How about at the very end of this sh*t clip...Viet'cong'nameez Technology!!
Did you notice that he looks and sounds like a tall f*g!!......:pat

This video either p*sses you off or it doesn't....not much in between!! It made me ...
:mad :hb :puke :duh :argue :bash ....:r

Watch all 8 minutes of it then post your thoughts.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCr1RXfKyVA

My thoughts?
Put any of 'US' behind the wheel and bring it on baby!!! :Steer
Those miserable F'n 'Your A Pee' N'S....!! :crazy ...sorry for the art work...but I am not taking this well...

This clip is very old but I would say that you are taking this way too seriously. They are entitled to their opinion. That doesn't make the Corvette any less of a car because of what they said. And it is that, a car.

GORDON..."This clip is very old but I would say that you are taking this way too seriously. They are entitled to their opinion. That doesn't make the Corvette any less of a car because of what they said. And it is that, a car."

I just stumbled on this clip this evening...oh yes I am upset, but I did not realize this was an old video...after all it is about a C6...how old can it be??

PS...I am calming down...but it got me when I first saw it earlier..
I AM VERY PROTECTIVE WHEN IT COMES TO FAMILY!!

You notice how they didn't say NOTHING after they ran it at the track?(I think it was in the top 8 or 10 of the list) They are mad just because it does as good of a job as all the European cars they have.

Those guys are always a bunch of friggin idiots!!! Its all showbiz though for them!

You know I just recently learned about how hated we Americans actually are.

I would love to give those 2 half a sissy's a proper slap across there face.

Sorry but they rub me the wrong way also. I just dont know how bad a driver the guy was as I drove my wife's C5 and dont understand what he was doing to make it so loose, Had to be going in deep and hard and then cranking the wheel

I googled the TVR which they were so proud of. You should see the interior of that thing. I've seen nicer homebuilt go-karts. It's amazing that anything they build works. My old boss's Jag was in the garage bi-weekly.

I must confess I get a kick out of Top Gear clips. These guys are almost caricatures of every snobby Brit I've ever seen. Some of the complaints they made are the same complaints I've heard here (ie: poor interior, shifter, etc.) but when they actually drove the C6, the tune changed. As for the group of four drag race, I'd like to see someone who knew how to drive a Corvette behind the wheel, thankyouverymuch!!

-Mac

This clip played for a British audience, so what do you expect.

Its been around for 50 years, in America they don't even have things that old in mueseums, and its called a CORVETTE [snide remark].
What this cultured Brit didn't know, is the Corvette's name was taken from a British warship.

My thoughts?

That show has always taken the mickey out of cars which they test. It's not about making owners happy. It's about getting laughs with their cute verbiage. It's called show biz. ;)

Who cares what they say? :D

Same here.. If you ever watched their show you know they like to have "fun" with the cars they test. They did one on a BMW to test if their claim of mpg was for real. It was pretty funny.. Unless you are a BMW owner.
Is it serious ? No, it's on TV. ;) :eyerole :D

And thanks for packing all of us into one, because of this Entertainment Show..

Signed, one of
Stinger !! said:
those miserable F'n 'Your A Pee' N'S
:eyerole

:w
-Stefan

The Revolutionary War was over 200 years ago. They need to get over it. After all, didn't the "Colonies" win? :D It is just a TV show after all and the C6 is one of the best cars on the market regardless of what they think. Sales alone prove that. Last time I checked, MG wasn't making anything the world press was raving about.

Just my pennies worth.

Jim

Give me a break. And by the way-why do the Brits drink warm beer? Because thier refridgerators are made by Lucas. I owned a Triumph Spitfire for less than a year back when I was in high school. Blew 3 motors and I don't even remember how many voltage regulators.

"Chariot springs" LOL! If they only understood the technology behind the weighting and unweighting on that design...

What a Douc— B-g show that is.

They clearly cant stand the fact that the Vette beats anything out there for the price. I found it really funny when they were pushing on the rear panel of the Vette and it flexed in, like that’s a real big deal. And the crap about leaf springs. That’s real tough talk coming from a country that produced some of the most poorly built cars on the road. (when they did actually run)

What concerns me is the drag race. He mentioned wheelspin off the line. You can give up big time asphalt and time, and if others cars are equally quick, its rough to gain it back.

But id really like to know the gearing in that ugly yellow 350 hp thing, not to mention the other one that beat the Vette.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom