Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Thought I would like to share this...

Tigershark_11

Corvette
2000 pewter convertable 6m
Hey guys we have some compition out there. This kid over the weekend said that when he picks up his new chevy colbolt SS, he will beat me in a race with my 2000 6 speed .. I asked him to do a litttle study before he looks like a idiot.. His responce was the dealer told him it would so he was convinced..
I guess there's a sucker born every day.. Thought I would share that with everyone..

Hmmm, ......

I held my own against a 02 T/A LS1 with a few specials. The owner bragged that he was going to show me what a real car can do. Hmmmm........

It wasn't passing me, what could he have been referring to? Good Luck.

Wow, I think files under the same catigory as the guy that bought the Billy Boat eddition Corvette. I wonder how the dealers going to take being kicked in the shins?

I just looked at the Chevy web site. The Cobalt SS comes with a 2.4 liter engine producing 171HP and 163 ftlb torque. The turbocharged model jumps it up to 205 and 200. It weighs 3000-3200lb.

Unless somebody suspended the laws of physics, F=MA still applies. Half the power, about the same weight. Should not even be close.

Ya, I laughed when the person said that to. I guess the sales person saw a sucker... lol

Tigershark_11 said:
Ya, I laughed when the person said that to. I guess the sales person saw a sucker... lol
Race him for the pink slip.

04 Commemorative said:
Race him for the pink slip.

Thats the first thing that did come out of my mouth..Now im trying to do it for money..lolol

Tigershark_11 said:
Now im trying to do it for money..lolol

Go best two out of three...let him win one (you know start off in 2nd or something) and for the last go double or nothing......;LOL

Brett

cobalt SS

Cobalt is the Vette's "little" brother. The commercial ads showed the Cobalt SS playing around and toying or should I say annoying, a Corvette. We can only hope that when these young'uns get older and wiser that they'll be able to purchase the ultimate "boy toy."

1995 RedVette said:
Go best two out of three...let him win one (you know start off in 2nd or something) and for the last go double or nothing......;LOL

Brett

Hell, you'd probably STILL beat him, even with starting off in 2nd gear.

bling vette said:
Cobalt is the Vette's "little" brother. The commercial ads showed the Cobalt SS playing around and toying or should I say annoying, a Corvette. We can only hope that when these young'uns get older and wiser that they'll be able to purchase the ultimate "boy toy."

Yep, those were some good commercials!! But the Vette did show the little Cobalt who IS boss in the end.

Same goes for this guy. I say a little spankin' never hurt anyone!!!! :Buttslap

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom