Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tilt/Tele column for '69

R

RodsbyRad

What's the best source for a tilt/tele column for my '69?

Rad...

Car shows, swap meets, and word of mouth. You can call virtually any national Corvette recycle company listed in the back of the Vette magazines. However, they will usually get a premium for them. I think a fair price is between $250-$500 for one in good condition. I have seen the National scrapers asking up to $1,000 for them. I think I paid about $400 for mine and had to strip it down and paint it black from the original blue. You should also get the matching steering wheel.

I have seen them at virtually every large car show in the swap meet area. I bet there will be 200 of them at Sharkfest this year.

OK, I see it's labor day weekend, but I didn't see where it was at. Saw plenty of references to the Baymont hotel...but not what city.

Rad...

Cool, in beautiful Kentucky. Hopefully I will be moved to a little east of Louisville by then, so it won't be quite the drive it is now from OK. Although that's (east of Louisville) where I got my '69 last week and drove it home from there.

Rad...

Hold on Guys.... If the Sharkfest is anything like the Rendezvous (for 80-82's) last year at the NCM it was not a "flea market" set up. You have a better chance at Corvette's at Carlisle (PA) in late August or the big Corvette show in the Chicago area.

.......... Nut

Well, all it takes is one vendor with a good column at the right price!

Considering shark fest spans basically three decades of Vettes, I would hope there will be a little more action there.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom