Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Time for newer/better fog-lights, one of my original fog-lights finally died.

Have you looked at putting HID bulbs in? Those are projector housings so HIDs work great in them. You can find PnP kits on ebay for around $100.

Have you looked at putting HID bulbs in? Those are projector housings so HIDs work great in them. You can find PnP kits on ebay for around $100.
iagree.gif

Many, many have done this with amazing results!

If you haven't already ordered, check out www.piaa.com Besides bulbs they also sell fog/driving lamps.

Do your research - you'll find that spending the big bucks (PIAA) doesn't always get you the best result. Besides you're comparing expensive old technology with modern, do the math - Good Luck!

Ok, I need help. I'd like to replace my low beams, high beams and the foglights with superior upgrades, but i don't want to do any rewiring and am looking for a direct plug-in type of replacement? I see that the ebay site recommends a 6000kw white light replacement, draws 55w, but i'm confused by all the part numbers and models. Can anyone offer me some direction? thank you ! Please show me the way to websites that spell out what I need and how to install them.

Ok, I need help. I'd like to replace my low beams, high beams and the foglights with superior upgrades, but i don't want to do any rewiring and am looking for a direct plug-in type of replacement? I see that the ebay site recommends a 6000kw white light replacement, draws 55w, but i'm confused by all the part numbers and models. Can anyone offer me some direction? thank you ! Please show me the way to websites that spell out what I need and how to install them.

Post a link to what you found on eBay and I can direct you from there.

Ok here goes,

cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/parts-accessories_car-truck-parts-accessories_COMBO-XENON-HID-LIGHT-2001-2002

You didn't copy the entire link from the eBay site. Neither of your Eckler's links work either. Try again...

www.ecklers.com part # 45009 and 45010

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/parts-accessories_car-truck-parts-accessories_COMBO-XENON-HID-LIGHT-2001-2002-2003-2004

Well I hope this works, I'm having trouble posting the links, the full Ebay link is so long it's here to delaware state line? Hope you can help!

This is all I've got and they don't post properly?

Okay, the eBay link is still not working so give me a link to the seller's store or the seller's eBay name.

As for the Eckler's links, you're mixing 2 different options here. The Eckler's parts are stock bulbs. They are a direct replacement for what you already have. The increase in lighting that you will see is a joke compared to HID's. The HID bulbs look totally different and DO NOT plug into your current stock wiring. That's why a HID kit comes with bulbs, ballast AND harness.

Here's a link of me driving with my stock high beams on and then switching to my HID low beams. Be amazed at the difference. I never use my high beams anymore.

Click here to see the video.

Thanks Junkman2008,

The ebay seller id is dvdstogo and you can see his store. He has a number of items including the HID lights kits. please let me know what you think, about this seller and what you think is the best way to improve the lights. Thanks !

The undisputed way to improve the lights is to go with a HID setup. There are 2 distinctive setups. The true HID setup which consist of a true HID housing, HID bulbs, HID ballast and harness. These are made by ACA and run anywhere from $800-$900 smackers. The link I provided is to a place that has them a bit over-priced.

Then there's the poor man's upgrade (which is what I did). This consist of putting HID bulbs in your non-HID headlight cavity. Technically, this is illegal to do. However, I have never heard of anyone getting dinged for it. One of the problems that occurs is the guys doing the install will either put the bulb in crooked or have their lights aimed wrong and blind oncoming drivers (which is really a no class move). If you get the bulbs in straight, you'll have the results that I have and you won't be an annoyance on the road. These kits only contain the HID bulbs, the ballast and the wiring. Since the C5 headlight housing is not a true HID housing, it cannot focus the beam as distinctly as a true HID housing can. By the way, the stock C5 fog light housing IS a true HID housing.

Take a look at this thread. No need for me to duplicate information that I have already documented. Read the whole thing. It explains everything in detail and gives examples of everything I'm discussing here. This will get you up to speed on what is involved.

I'll check out you seller later.

The undisputed way to improve the lights is to go with a HID setup. There are 2 distinctive setups. The true HID setup which consist of a true HID housing, HID bulbs, HID ballast and harness. These are made by ACA and run anywhere from $800-$900 smackers. The link I provided is to a place that has them a bit over-priced.

Then there's the poor man's upgrade (which is what I did). This consist of putting HID bulbs in your non-HID headlight cavity. Technically, this is illegal to do. However, I have never heard of anyone getting dinged for it. One of the problems that occurs is the guys doing the install will either put the bulb in crooked or have their lights aimed wrong and blind oncoming drivers (which is really a no class move). If you get the bulbs in straight, you'll have the results that I have and you won't be an annoyance on the road. These kits only contain the HID bulbs, the ballast and the wiring. Since the C5 headlight housing is not a true HID housing, it cannot focus the beam as distinctly as a true HID housing can. By the way, the stock C5 for light housing IS a true HID housing.

Take a look at this thread. No need for me to duplicate information that I have already documented. Read the whole thing. It explains everything in detail and gives examples of everything I'm discussing here. This will get you up to speed on what is involved.

I'll check out you seller later.

Thanks for your help Junkman2008. as always your info is perect and right on the mark. BTW I was in the Navy, but I served with a contingent of Marines on two tours of duty, Great guys and highly praised for a very good reason, Bravery !

Thanks for your help Junkman2008. as always your infor is perect and right on the mark. BTW I was in the Navy, but I served with a contingent of Marines on two tours of duty, Great guys and highly praised for a very good reason, Bravery !

The admiration is mutual. :thumb

I never realized how impressive a sailor was until I spent 6 months on the [FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]USS Peleliu[/SIZE][/FONT]. What you guys do to ensure a ship stays afloat is a mountain of responsibility. All Marines are riflemen first as all sailors are firemen first. To understand the metal that makes up a sailor, one needs to look no further than the USS Forrestal. One hundred thirty-four sailors killed and 67 more injured but those sailors kept coming in waves to fight that fire, and one hell of a fire it was. That took balls. I had a Navy Corpsman attached to my platoon who could hump mountains with any Marine in the field. Mad respect for him. You guys are :thumb in my book.

God bless the US military!
patriot.gif

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom