Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

tire and wheel (please don't get tired of this)

Ruby Fan

Corvette
1985 Black Beauty Coupe, 93 Ruby, 96 CE vert
I have a '93, which comes stock with 2 different width wheels and tire combo. I have an opportunity to replace all of them with stock '93 style wheels(sawblades?) and tires of all the same size at a decent price. Do you think this will effect any kind of handling?? The new size will be 275/40/17 all around. I think Chevy went back to all same sizes in '94. So what do you folks think? thanks much:Steer

Someone with more accurate knowledge will most likely chime in...But I would try the wider ones on the front and see if you have any turning (rubbing) problems. I know on my 84, if I put my rears on the front they rub when I turn. But that was before I changed the shocks...haven't tried lately.

275's up front with work just fine. No rubbing problems. I actually run 285's on all 4's when I solo race. All C'4s came standard with the narrow tire wheel combo up front after 1993 until 1996. Exception to the rule was the Z51 susp., then you got the 275's on all 4 corners. The narrow tire wheel combo up front is easier on ya if your car is a daily driver. Here in Mich. we have bad roads due to the lack of weight limits on semi's compared to other bordering states. Our ashpalt e-ways seemed to be grooved and the wider tires tend to pull you around a little.

^
|
What he said.
The narrow front tires reduce the car's desire to wander and follow ruts and groves in the road compared to the Z51 cars and 92 and previous MYs that had 275's on all 4 corners.
Depending on your alignment, your car may be a little more sensitive to the road with the wider front tires. You may notice a quicker turn-in response and more trailing throttle oversteer in turns with the wider tires.

The two sizes were the thought of the General to help ladies drive the car. The same size is okay and it will slightly improve your raod experience.

89-92 came with 275 all around

96 the LT4 CE came with 275 all around, I have seen 285 all around. It will help your car and your biceps:eyerole

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom