Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Tire Cleaning:

401KVet

Corvette
1980 L82 Coupe, Black
I recently stripped the clear coat off of my factory wheels and now I just polsih then every few months. But now I've noticed, and didn't at first, that when I clean my tires, that if any overspray landing on my aluminum wheels will cause them to spot. It won't wash off, and the only way to get rid of the spots is to repolish. I've been using Mother's aluminum polish. My question is, is there anyone using a tire/rubber cleaner that WILL NOT do this??? The cleaner that I had been using was the Westly's bleech white. Not anymore. Any suggestions??? :w

I recently stripped the clear coat off of my factory wheels and now I just polsih then every few months. But now I've noticed, and didn't at first, that when I clean my tires, that if any overspray landing on my aluminum wheels will cause them to spot. It won't wash off, and the only way to get rid of the spots is to repolish. I've been using Mother's aluminum polish. My question is, is there anyone using a tire/rubber cleaner that WILL NOT do this??? The cleaner that I had been using was the Westly's bleech white. Not anymore. Any suggestions??? :w
Get a $1.00 bottle of Awesome Spray Cleaner from the Dollar Store and use it full strength ;) it really does an Awesome Job on Tires, esp with raised white letters or solid white letters.... and it is all the greenie friendly stuff too,,,, and it is just a $1.00 a bottle and has a lot of use's... one exception is that it doesn't clean glass very well, smear more than cleans.

I spray the tires on the Montero before going through the car wash and the tires look like I scrubbed 'em clean (Cooper Raised White Letters) :dance

Bud

Get a $1.00 bottle of Awesome Spray Cleaner from the Dollar Store and use it full strength ;) it really does an Awesome Job on Tires, esp with raised white letters or solid white letters.... and it is all the greenie friendly stuff too,,,, and it is just a $1.00 a bottle and has a lot of use's... one exception is that it doesn't clean glass very well, smear more than cleans.

I spray the tires on the Montero before going through the car wash and the tires look like I scrubbed 'em clean (Cooper Raised White Letters) :dance

Bud

And as for as you know, this cleaner won't spot bare aluminum wheels????

Thanks Bud,

:w 401

Nope doesn't leave ugly white spots ;) I spay my entire tire and wheels on my 1981 use a little brush on the tires, sometimes needed most of the time not, then rinse off and dry the mags... works great on brake dust :dance

Bud

:w 401

Nope doesn't leave ugly white spots ;) I spay my entire tire and wheels on my 1981 use a little brush on the tires, sometimes needed most of the time not, then rinse off and dry the mags... works great on brake dust :dance

Bud

Do you still have the clear coat on your 81's wheels? And Thanks again...

No Clear Coat, Just good ole "Mothers Aluminum Polish" ;)

This Photo was taken in 2001 at the NCM:
attachment.php

Bud

Attachments

• Rare IIIa.jpg
    Rare IIIa.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 119
Very nice. I like that color. Is that like a gun metal gray?? When I bought mine 3 years ago, the white letters were already reversed. I've been thinking about turning them around. That's how most of the C3's are anyhow. :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom