Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tire comparison

PeterG

Corvette
2007 black coupe, NCM Lifetime Member
Living in Chicago and driving all year around, it would help me to know what to expect of the tires that come standard with Z51.

I drive the city streets in Chicago winters instead of tracking my C6.

Can anyone compare the daily driving on city streets in dry weather, wet weather, any increased dangers in snow :crazy that I will experience when I drive a Z51-equipped C6 versus the base suspension car's tires?

Thanks.

I can't speak to the base suspension tires; but, the Z51 tires are summer tires! You won't get very far in the snow with them on.

As far as driving in other conditions...cold, rain...they are like any other performance tire. Take it easy in the rain and expect traction problems if you get on it when they are cold. If you drive with common sense they will be just fine in all conditions except snow and ice.

My experience with the F1 Supercar tires is that they are great on dry summer days. In the rain, they are not very good and worthless in snow/ice. BTW, my F1 SC experience is from my CTS-V.

The base tires (F1 GS2) are much better in the rain and will work on light snow and ice. We get a little of the white stuff in OK and the '06 gets to work and back everyday in it. Dry traction is not as good as the SC tires but not that bad either. They's last a lot longer also.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom