Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tire Life expectancy

Charles, I got 39,000 out of mine and that included a couple of track days and an autocross or two. Wasn't quite down to the wear bars, but they were starting to get a little noisy.

I ultimately replaced them with another set of Goodyear F-1's, but I looked at some Kumho runflats. Heard some good things about them. They're cheaper than OE tires, but they have less tread to start with, I think about 1/16 or even 3/32. I only drive 4-6K per year. Living in Michigan, it goes away for about 5 months. This set will probably dry rot before they wear out!

mjsmm said:
Charles, I got 39,000 out of mine and that included a couple of track days and an autocross or two. Wasn't quite down to the wear bars, but they were starting to get a little noisy.

I ultimately replaced them with another set of Goodyear F-1's, but I looked at some Kumho runflats. Heard some good things about them. They're cheaper than OE tires, but they have less tread to start with, I think about 1/16 or even 3/32. I only drive 4-6K per year. Living in Michigan, it goes away for about 5 months. This set will probably dry rot before they wear out!
The Kumho's have a 420 T/W rateing and the goodyear have a 300 T/W Rateing, I'm go'n with the Kumho's next set!!:upthumbs junk!!ps My F1's are noise'y as a Truck!!

Thanks Junk!

I'm going with Kuhmo's on the next set as well.
Good to hear the ratings are higher than the F1's.
I figure I can get the whole shootin match for about $530.00 plus installation and balancing.
The Ecxta MX's are what I'm going for.

wishuwerehere82 said:
Thanks Junk!

I'm going with Kuhmo's on the next set as well.
Good to hear the ratings are higher than the F1's.
I figure I can get the whole shootin match for about $530.00 plus installation and balancing.
The Ecxta MX's are what I'm going for.
My tire man get's um Mount's um and Road Force Balance and Tax out the door $650.00 :upthumbs junk!!ps if I Take two or more car's at a time I get even more Disc.!!

42K on '99 Eagle F1 EMTs and they still have some tread left. The rears are thinner than the front, they have been "lit up" a few times. Stayed away from the Woodward DreamCruise this year, too much temptation.

Jennifer

If you don't like buying Korean tires, BFGoodrich G-force Comp T/A KDW is a very good tire, and just a little more than Kumhos. Not to start a flame war, but: Buy American, before it's Bye American.
Bruce

charles2229 said:
As a new, and first time vette owner, I'm curious what kind of life to expect from the Eagle F1's on my Z. I know that those burnouts and aggressive cornering have a tremendous effect, but say, once I start acting my age (or have collected enough Party invitations to the courthouse)...:D
A freind thinks about 20K is maximum.... Is that accurate??

Love to know so I can decide if a new savings account should be started!:confused

Chuck

I am at 5500 and lookin new ..From What I have read For A Z... 20/22K is about it IF you behave ....No Tracking/Burnouts ect...Yeah I know...Boring :L A Longtime Z06 Design Fault and I suspect it'll be getting even worse with the C6-Z06...Namely The Rear Tires Wear out long before the fronts :L :lou

When I replaced my first set the dealer said " 20,000 to 25,000 miles was typical."

b_pappy said:
If you don't like buying Korean tires, BFGoodrich G-force Comp T/A KDW is a very good tire, and just a little more than Kumhos. Not to start a flame war, but: Buy American, before it's Bye American.
Bruce
That would be nice,But The way the bead is you can't get your Line up Equ. on the wheel's then!! The last C-4 I bought had them on it,and I had to take Tire's and wheel's off of anouther car to Line it up!! I tryed to do it First and none of my wheel adapters would clamp to wheel!!! So I took it to 6 Alingment Shop's and thay said the same!! So I took it home and Swoped Wheel's and tires and alinged and then Swoped them Back!! Screw BF Goodrich G-force they were More Slippy than Gripy anyway!! :eyerole junk!!

gmjunkie said:
That would be nice,But The way the bead is you can't get your Line up Equ. on the wheel's then!! The last C-4 I bought had them on it,and I had to take Tire's and wheel's off of anouther car to Line it up!! I tryed to do it First and none of my wheel adapters would clamp to wheel!!! So I took it to 6 Alingment Shop's and thay said the same!! So I took it home and Swoped Wheel's and tires and alinged and then Swoped them Back!! Screw BF Goodrich G-force they were More Slippy than Gripy anyway!! :eyerole junk!!
Your opinion I guess, I can't even really tell what you're trying to type except you had problems, maybe with alignment because of the tires? Wow, first I've heard of that. Tires have changed. Take care.
Bruce

6spd02

I have just over 40K on my oem tires - drive my car every day. will be replacing them within the next few weeks as they are causing the active handling sensor to give a false reading requiring service

The first set will NOT last nearly as long as the second set.....if you get my drift......:D:w

a lot of people are starting to replace their factory EMT's with Goodyear F1 GS-D3's. Even though they're not runflats - you can buy a $75.00 emergency repair kit. The D3 attributes are:
  • Price
  • Performance
  • Quiet
Remo :cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom