Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tire Mounting

MM-C5

Corvette
2013 Cyber Grey Grand Sport Coupe
This may be a dumb question, but will Goodyear or some other brand REALLY mount tires you've purchased elswhere?

I need a set of fronts and it looks like the Tire Rack might be about the best price but I feel a little wierd hauling them in and asking to have them mounted. Common practice??

Also staying with Run Flats and since the rears are in good shape, can't see buying a full set all at once. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Tom

The last time I checked prices on Tire Rack they listed shops in the buyer's area that would mount tires at reasonable prices. In my area, Daytona Beach, they had 3 or 4 shops listed and gave the prices.

Good Luck!!

Tom, what Charlie said was correct. Go to TireRack and check for local shop that will do the install. While it is true that some of these other shops will mount tires purchased elsewhere, they will overcharge for the work. I made the mistake of taking my tires to the dealer and they charged me $65 a tire to mount and balance two front tires.

While the install shops at TireRack wil list prices (usually $15 to $20 a tire or so) call for an estimate and to see if they can accomodate lifting the Vette. Unless you want to lift it yourself and just bring the rims and tires in considering it's only the front two.

Leon

I know there are a few tires out there for the C5's but remember that the development enginners at GM ( I know a few of them)
do spend alot of time and effort designing the handling, ride and noise levels around the factory Goodyear tires. So keep this in mind when the time comes to replace your C5's tires.........using a different brand and or model will change the aspects of how the car handles, rides & sounds...........

I found a tire shop that mounts my TireRack tires at a reasonable price. I asked first and the owner said bring them on. He and his people do good work, so I take my cars to them for other things and tell other people about them. Keeps me and them happy.

Lots of good input here and thanks to you all.:upthumbs

I checked a couple of places and found that mounting and balanceing was going to run +/- $80 - $90 for 2. (I need only the fronts.)

Tire rack +/- $585 delivered to my zip. The local Goodyear shop is $670 - all inclusive.

The PLAN, was to go with Tire Rack but while I was at Goodyear I noticed that the RF had a huge chunk cut out of the center of the tread area. That created a greater sense of urgency so I'm having them do the work.

The overall difference was going to be less than $50 and this way, I don't have to schlep a couple of tires around to be mounted.

Btw, staying with OE run flats.

Thanks again :w

T

Greg C said:
using a different brand and or model will change the aspects of how the car handles, rides & sounds...........

Yes. Usually for the better.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom