Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

tire pressure

Corvette
1992 coupe
can anyone tell me the correct tire i should run on my 1992 Coupe?
the tire shops where i live can 't seem to give an answer. i'm running
240 x 17 Michelin Pilots.

Either in your manual or on a sticker on you car some where there should be a tire pressure recomendation. Can't remember where though )either old age or alcohol poisioning ya know:L) I run 35 psi on all 4 corners on my 93

I've always run 30-32 on my 89 with 275/40x17. Never had uneven wear or short life.

For normal street driving I'd set 'em at 26-28 psi cold. The car will ride nicer and treadlife will be better.

If you load the car up for a long trip, go up to 30 psi cold.

If you're racing run them at the max pressure listed on the sidewall of the tire.

For normal street driving I'd set 'em at 26-28 psi cold. The car will ride nicer and treadlife will be better.

If you load the car up for a long trip, go up to 30 psi cold.

If you're racing run them at the max pressure listed on the sidewall of the tire.
Hib, Have you noticed it has a tendacy to track with the highway grooves at that pressure? If so does that mean worn suspension components? Thanks

Look on the drivers side door by the latch. There is a sticker with different pressure ratings depending on what size and rating of tire you are running.

Staggering... oh sorry
Depending on the brand and sidewalls... 32 front/30 rear or 30 front/28 rear.

If you have the LTPWS, don't set it low enough to activate the warning light!

Hib, Have you noticed it has a tendacy to track with the highway grooves at that pressure? If so does that mean worn suspension components? Thanks

I have not with the tires I run which are either Goodyear F1 Supercars or Goodyear F1 GS-D3s.

If you have a problem with "trough wander", it can be caused one or more of several problems..

1) front end alignment
2) worn suspension parts
3) worn tires
4) tire tread design

I have not with the tires I run which are either Goodyear F1 Supercars or Goodyear F1 GS-D3s.

If you have a problem with "trough wander", it can be caused one or more of several problems..

1) front end alignment
2) worn suspension parts
3) worn tires
4) tire tread design

5) Uneven tire preassure
6) Directional tires put on backwards.
7) Broken belt
8) Tread not straight on case.

1) front end alignment
2) worn suspension parts
3) worn tires
4) tire tread design

Cooper tires, alignment and suspension all good. Thinl I'll give 28 PSI a try this season. Thanks for the info.
BILD0185.jpg

Cooper tires, alignment and suspension all good. Thinl I'll give 28 PSI a try this season. Thanks for the info.
BILD0185.jpg

Bob,

When are you going to detail your engine.

That's beautiful!:D

Warmer weather is coming I better get to cleaning it soon lol

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom