Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tire recommendations

Looking to buy new tires. Not real happy with the OEM Godyears. Any suggestions????

My only complaint with the Goodyear Supercars is that they wear out quickly. That being said, I'm pretty certain that I'll go with the Firestone Wide Oval RFT. A bit cheaper than the Goodyear and a higher UTOG number that should equate to longer life. I've read plenty of positive feedback on the Firestone.

You didn't mention how you plan to drive the car and whether you intent to stay with run-flat tires. This information would help in providing suggestions.

Is your coupe a Z51 car that came with SuperCar tires? If so, they do wear out fast and are not that good in the rain.

I like Michelin All Season tires but I don't think they come in run-flat sizes for the C6.

I have 2 C6's and the GY F1 GS2's on each have done well for me. Then both of my cars are MagRide and MagRide really works well with the run-flat tire.

I give a 2nd to the Firestones. I have had a set on my car now for about 20,000 miles and there is still more than ample tread left. They are nowhere near the wear bars.

They have a treadwear rating of 320 vs. 220 for the Goodyears. The sound isn't much different than the Goodyears. Of course tires as wide as the ones on our cars get louder with age.

I like Sumitomo tires, affordable and have Z-rated tires.
I had them on my Camaro, Audi and fresh set on the Vette.

Tires

I have a 2007 Coupe Z51 and I'm wondering weather or not to get run flat tires. Can anyone comment on that?

I have a 2007 Coupe Z51 and I'm wondering weather or not to get run flat tires. Can anyone comment on that?

I'll stick with the run flats whatever I replace the supercars with. The Z51 is a performance suspension designed around and for the heavy stiff sidewalls of a runflat. If you never challenge the road or go to the track then non-run flats may be for you, they certainly will be a bit quieter.

I run Nitto Invos on both my C6 Z51 and c5 Z06. I track these cars ... and I also drive them to work regulalry .... the Nittos are fantastic. Right now West Coast Corvette has a set (fronts and rears) for around $1000.

The Nitto Invos aren't run-flats. I keep a bottle of that flat-tire-repair-in-a-can stuff with me .. and the phone number of a local towing company ... just to make myself feel better .... but have never had to use it.

eboch

I just replaced the original Supercar tires on my Z51 2005 convertible. Got 19k from them, and they were "junk" by then. I replaced with the Michelin Pilot Sports A/S (they make for C6's now) and love them. The car handles beautifully, the ride is smoother and a whole lot quieter! :D

Elaine

I just replaced the Z51 tires on my '06 with the; NEW GY F1 Supercar EMT Run Flats and I'm very happy :upthumbs. GREAT DEAL at Discount Tire Direct $950.00 - $140.00 in GY rebates (sorry offer is over) for a total delivered price of $810.00 for all four. BIG improvement over the factory tires. :D

It sames most people that drive their vettes hard prefer the Michelins. But why pay all that money if you're not a hard driver. I switched to the Firestone wide oval runflats. In my opinion they're better than the GY supertires overall, especially in wet conditions. They grip much better. The only complaint is you can feel some slight roll compared to the GY's if you're really hitting a turn hard. The sidewall gives a little more, but not much and only when you're really hitting the curve hard, but it's a tradeoff...the GY's feel like they may break loose on you...the firestones just same to roll slightly, but never give you the feeling that they will loose grip. Got about 10k on them now and they still look fairly new. I only got about 17k out of my GY supertires. You can get all four for about $850. Tony

My 08 will roll 15k this week and the fronts are about junk. I drive a very crooked road back and forth everyday and challenge every bit of it. Still haven't made up my mind Firestones or the "new" F1 Supercar. Will likely just do the fronts as the rears look to have at least 5-10k more left on them.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom