Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tire sealant for Goodyear F1 Supercar tires

R

rjsmith

Has anyone had the misfortune of actually having to use the tire sealant? Did it work?

Ray

Fortunately I have not! But have often wondered the same. I do have an "emergency bag" with one of those 12v compressors. The Z06 is so low, if you had to have it flatbedded due to tire failure I don't know how they would get it on the truck without tearing the front end off???

Tire sealant and Z06

I have used or tried to use the sealant and pump as described in the owner's manual. The process was a failure because, I believe, the sealant is only good for rather small, slow leaks. I did find that it is possible for my Z06 to be put on a flatbed with no ill effects. As the car was pulled onto the truck the sealant ran out of the hole in my tire. I had another major puncture the other day and just called for a tow. Both incidents were close to home and I used the Chevrolet 800 number. Except for a long wait, (1 hour) everything went fine. What would happen out in rural America worries me a bit.
Bob

Re: Tire sealant and Z06

macx137 said:
I have used or tried to use the sealant and pump as described in the owner's manual. The process was a failure because, I believe, the sealant is only good for rather small, slow leaks. I did find that it is possible for my Z06 to be put on a flatbed with no ill effects. As the car was pulled onto the truck the sealant ran out of the hole in my tire. I had another major puncture the other day and just called for a tow. Both incidents were close to home and I used the Chevrolet 800 number. Except for a long wait, (1 hour) everything went fine. What would happen out in rural America worries me a bit.
Bob

Thanks for the feedback. Especially the information concerning putting it on a flat-bed truck.

Was the tire repairable, or did you have to replace it?

Ray

macx137 said:
Ray:
The tires have been repairable both times I had serious flats.
Bob

Bob,

Thanks. That's comforting to know.

I get up to your neck of the woods frequently. Sun Microsystems, Cisco Systems, and Hewlett-Packard have training facilities in Mountain View and the environs. I'll bet Pescadero Road is a hoot in a Z06.

Do you know if the Moffet Field (NASA Ames) people ever allow autocross events there?

Ray

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom