Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tire Size 315/35/17

longbow

Corvette
1988 coupe
hello everyone! and happy new year!
just wanted to know if anyone is running this tire size on there C-4
315/35/17 if so do they rub,or do you have any problems with them. am
thinking of putting some on my 1988 Coupe.........just in the rear!

hello everyone! and happy new year!
just wanted to know if anyone is running this tire size on there C-4
315/35/17 if so do they rub,or do you have any problems with them. am
thinking of putting some on my 1988 Coupe.........just in the rear!

On an 88, they won't rub but you need to put them on 96 Grand Sport rear wheels as, when on ZR-1 wheels, they will stick way out of the wheel wells and look, well...way ugly.

Also, you cannot put the 315/35ZR17 on your stock wheels. They must go on 11x17s.

I'm running P315\35R17 on the back of my 86 vert on 11" rims. They run great and look great.

I have them on the rear of my 85 on American Racing wheel Torque Thrust IIs that are 11 inches wide. They do not rub anywhere, but there is barely enough room to get your fingers between the tire and the frame of the car. They look great. I have 275 17s on the front with Torque Thrust II 9.5 inch wide.

I have run 335-35-17's on my 86 coupe. I have the chromed 91 ZR-1 rims 9.5 X 17 Front and 11.5 X 17 Rear. I now have 315-35-17 on the rear due to availability issues on the 335's. I have a ground f/x body kit on mine so they don,t stick out and look retarded, as Hib pointed out. I have had no problems at all.:D

I had them with ZR-1 style wheels (ZR-1 offset also) on the rear of my ex-92. As Hib pointed out, with the ZR-1 wheel, they stick out some. I put GS fender flares and splash guards on and liked the way it looked.

You'll need 11" wide wheels to make them work right. On an '88, get wheels with the GS's 50mm offset and they will fit under the fenders.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom