Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tirerack comes through again!

wishuwerehere82

Corvette
Red '82 Coupe,Sebring Silver '98 Coupe
I ordered a set of Kuhmo Ecxta ASX's for my 98, and there they were sitting in front of the garage exactly 48 Hrs. after I got the shipping confirmation.
It's so nice to do business with a company that consistantly delivers a quality product and gets them there fast.
Good work Tirerack and UPS!

They are pretty awesome, and they're tough to beat as far as price and delivery. The last four sets of tires for my cars have come from the Tirerack.

I have to agree with JJS, I have purchased to complete set for my cars and will purchase the set from them. Recently got a price on front tires for my Z06, $75.00 cheaper then local dealer. Out standing to do business with. :beer :w

wishuwerehere82 said:
I ordered a set of Kuhmo Ecxta ASX's for my 98, and there they were sitting in front of the garage exactly 48 Hrs. after I got the shipping confirmation.
It's so nice to do business with a company that consistantly delivers a quality product and gets them there fast.

Would you mind divulging the total price delivered to your place? I have thought about ditching my run-flats and original, polished wheels in favor of a set of aftermarket chrome wheels and Kumhos.
Once you install them, how about letting us know how they ride, drive and handle?
Good luck to you and your Kumhos!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
CORVETTE OWNER SINCE 1971 AT AGE 18
Celebrating 35 years of Corvette ownership
**I'm definitely in this for the long haul!**

wishuwerehere82 said:
Heck yeah, TierRack is awesome! I've ordered 4 sets of tires and they have all arrived in 2 or 3 days, even the ones shipped from Indy to VA. In one case NTB said it would take them a week to get the same tires and I would have had to pay a deposit and an overall higher price for the tires.

And, TireRack is also helping us out with the CruiseFest this year!

Drum roll please.....
Total price of 4 tires plus shipping is.....
$521.22 US$
This is the 3rd set I have purchased from them. 1982 Vette W/ Goodyear Eagle GT2's and for my 87 Lesabre too.

I won't get them on for a while since it is supposed to snow tomorrow and wednesday and they will probably salt all the roads again. GRRRRRR.:mad
I suppose I could jack the car and take them down to the installer 2 at a time, but I'm kind of busy now and would rather get them done all at once, and maybe an alignment too.

dooscoop32 said:
Would you mind divulging the total price delivered to your place? I have thought about ditching my run-flats and original, polished wheels in favor of a set of aftermarket chrome wheels and Kumhos.
Once you install them, how about letting us know how they ride, drive and handle?
Good luck to you and your Kumhos!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
CORVETTE OWNER SINCE 1971 AT AGE 18
Celebrating 35 years of Corvette ownership
**I'm definitely in this for the long haul!**

Got my Yokohama Avid V4S tires from tirerack...and never looking back! Incredible tire for a great price.

Oh, and when I had a "road hazard" incident after about 3K miles, they sold me a replacement for 1/2 price (didn't get the "insurance" for some stupid reason).

Tire Rack rocks!

Bill

wishuwerehere82 said:
Drum roll please.....
Total price of 4 tires plus shipping is.....
$521.22 US$
This is the 3rd set I have purchased from them. 1982 Vette W/ Goodyear Eagle GT2's and for my 87 Lesabre too.

I won't get them on for a while since it is supposed to snow tomorrow and wednesday and they will probably salt all the roads again. GRRRRRR.:mad
I suppose I could jack the car and take them down to the installer 2 at a time, but I'm kind of busy now and would rather get them done all at once, and maybe an alignment too.
I paid $591.22 for my ATX's but I did buy the Road hazard!!! Your Gonna Love'em Pete!! Man are they Smooth and Quiet!!:upthumbs :lou

Do the tire installation people give you any flack for not buying the tires from them, instead of tire rack? What do they charge you to install and balance? I have a new set of rims, and I will need to buy non run flats from tire rack. Do I need the tire pressure sensors removed from the original equip C5 rims? Would I get a warning signal if I don't reinstall?

DaBoo1 said:
Do the tire installation people give you any flack for not buying the tires from them, instead of tire rack? What do they charge you to install and balance? I have a new set of rims, and I will need to buy non run flats from tire rack. Do I need the tire pressure sensors removed from the original equip C5 rims? Would I get a warning signal if I don't reinstall?

I take mine to the people that do the normal maintenance on my car and Jeeps. The people at the Jeep dealership don't mind at all. We have two Jeeps and I take the tires in when I have normal maintenance like oil changes and tire rotations (I order the tires around the time an oil change is due) done, and it's just another job to the guy that works on my vette. The vette restoration place does this sort of work all the time. In fact my old tires and wheels are stacked in his showroom floor. There wasn't anything wrong with them, in fact the tires are like new. But I wanted a more stock look (they were REALLY wide) and ordered new tires and wheels the year after I bought my car. I'll have to take the tires and wheels home when I take the car out of storage at the end of the month. -John

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom