Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tires for 87 - What would you recommend for 16"

Corvette
87 Callaway Cpe 87-070 & 68 Cpe 427, 4spd A/C
I am considering putting some vintage 16" Dymags on my 87 Gatorback are no longer being made (never a good tire anyway) what is the best choice for rubber?

:beer
i10fwy

I am considering putting some vintage 16" Dymags on my 87 Gatorback are no longer being made (never a good tire anyway) what is the best choice for rubber?

:beer
i10fwy
I installed falkns a few years ago through Discount tire. The prices are up a lot since i brought them, because not very many manufacturers make a tire that is rated for our vehicles that have 16" rims.
Good Luck vette1_15_6-14.jpg

best choice?

17" sawblade...

if thats not an option, in 16" I would stick to the BFG and no other. Thats all I used when I had the 16s. The BFG lasted a long time, ran quiet, held the road very well, and were priced better than most and are available most everywhere. About $150 ea.

I went to 17 simply because there are 10 times more choices. Its down to maybe 4 mfg for 16" in our size. Most of those have to be ordered and are over priced.
In 17 you get all the name brands PLUS all the brands that are standard equip on late models.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom