Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: tires

pete a

Corvette
1993 40th ruby red
hello all
i'm looking to replace the tires on my 93 p255/45 p285/40 does not seem to be much out there,i found continental extreme contact dw .has anyone had any experience with these ?

thanks in advance

TireRack agrees with you.
Pirella P Zero's are available from TireRack but expensive and will wear out fast.
Too bad the GoodYear F1 D3s are on back order. I liked those tires on my C4 and CTS V.

I have no experience with the Continentals. Sorry.

There is a much larger selection of 275/40/17 tires which were used on the late Z07 C4s and the 92 and older C4s. You'd need to get a pair of 17x9.5 wheels for the front to make use of them correctly though.

Tires

hello all
i'm looking to replace the tires on my 93 p255/45 p285/40 does not seem to be much out there,i found continental extreme contact dw .has anyone had any experience with these ?

thanks in advance

I just put a set of the Conti's on my 96 LT4 about a month ago. Agree that our tire selection is dwindling, especially if your need is immediate. Many of the latest and greatest performance tires are not offered in any C4 tire size. I based my purchase decision on tire rack reviews and manufacturers comments. I can say they balanced out well and have excellent dry weather performance. Considering the cost savings versus the Goodyears whose availability is a challange and the much more expensive Michelins I don't see how you could go wrong with the Conti's. Just my 2 cents!

Pirella P Zero's are available from TireRack but expensive and will wear out fast.

Had an 06 Mustang GT up until about a month ago, original Pirellis lasted 70k, put on P-Zeros at 70k, lasted until 140k, got new P-Zeros and they were still in good shape when I sold the car at 175k. Belonged to a Stang forum and they complained about P-Zeros also, but I was happy with them. Didn't drive the car super hard, but I didn't baby it either.

I purchased a set of Kumho Ecsta tires in 2010 from TireRack.com and have been happy with them. They are not a good as Goodyear tires, but they are half the price. They still have a lot of tread on them, but then again I do not drive my vette hard.

I purchased a set of Kumho Ecsta tires in 2010 from TireRack.com and have been happy with them. They are not a good as Goodyear tires, but they are half the price. They still have a lot of tread on them, but then again I do not drive my vette hard.

i went with the conti's DW very happy nice tire , not a bad price.much better than the Goodyear's

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom