Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tires

caddy

Corvette
2005 C6 LeMans Blue
I have an 05 C6 Coupe, I ordered it and bought it brand new, picked it up in Apr.05, I've got less than 14K on it, should I need new front tires already? Because I need em', my back tires are in great shape probably got another 15k left on them, but the fronts are almost shot, I'll be lucky if I get another 1 or 2K out of them.....
Heck do the tires even have a warranty? and is it honored? and by whom?
Any suggestions??

thanks

First time I've heard of a vette driver wearing out the fronts before the rears.
gr_devil.gif

The tires are warranteed, but at 16 months and 14K, I'm pretty sure that you are beyond it. What does the wear pattern look like... even across the tread and in respect to each other... just the outside edge worn... just the inside?? Depending on the answer, it might suggest a different solution.

There really is no wear pattern, it's perfectly even across, that's whats puzzling about the whole deal, what kinda of crappy tires wear out after only 14k of use????? and the FRONTS no less, if it were the rear I could actually live with that........I don't race, I don't autocross, I actually drive normal....

Hmm... well that's interesting, and you anticipated my next question (no auto-x, etc.).

These cars come from the factory with adjustable ride height and a +/- tolerance spec. Maybe your is on the high side in the rear and the low side up front? If so, it would shift your center of gravity forward and perhaps explain what you are experiencing. If that's the case, you could try lowering the rear height adjuster bolts one or two full turns. As long as you end up with something between level and 1 degree forward rake, you'll be fine.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. :beer

I've got almost 10K on my F1 GS2 tires and they are still showing plenty of tread.

Time to have the alignment checked. Too much tow (in or out) can cause excessive wear on the front tires.
Do you pull a lot of lateral G's cornering all the time?

Nope, I'm probably one of the most consertive drivers you will ever meet, my tires (all 4 ) are wearing just perfect, no toe-in, no toe-out, perfect wear across the face of all the tires........it's just my fronts seem to be wearing out alot sooner than they should, I guess it's like all things, some people need new roofs on brand new vetts, some don't, I'm just gonna need front tires sooner that most, but I can promise you one thing, I'll darn sure never buy the stock tires that came on my car again........

Allot may depend on your dealer, they replaced my front tires at no cost at 15,376 miles, EMT Supercar run flats. They weren't worn out as bad as yours were but cupped badly. Selling dealer has done all of the work and checked alignment, which was ok. The back is wearing ok but will need to be replaced at about 30,000. Some of that mileage, less than 4,000, was on some none run flats I run in the winter and the mountains where I get both snow and rain.

Time to talk to your dealer like a father.

I have 13,000 miles on mine and they are wearing perfectly I will probably get at least 30,000 out of them according to the techs I do make sure it gets alignment if needed.

What I don't understand is how can one person get 30K and another get 13K?
Doesn't make any sense....I realize it all depends on how you drive.....but that is an awful large range of miles,.....what's the deal one drives like grandma, the other drives like Dale Jr.?
Oh Well!!
The small price we pay!!

What I don't understand is how can one person get 30K and another get 13K?
Doesn't make any sense....I realize it all depends on how you drive.....but that is an awful large range of miles,.....what's the deal one drives like grandma, the other drives like Dale Jr.?
Oh Well!!
The small price we pay!!
:lou :lou :lou :bu :bu :Steer

Chill...........Chill what?
I just asked a simple question....!!! Damn I thought that's what forums were for?
and your right I'm EXTREMELY glad I don't own a PORSCHE....then I would join a Porsche forum not a CORVETTE Forum.......
Or do I need to Chill about that to?????

ok boys...the fronts were only half worn I figure I could get another 15,000 miles, but the backs were gone, i drove the rubber right off. I suppose if I drove it at a somewhat normal pace I could have saved some tire...
but in the end who really cares? Not me...:lou

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom