Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

To race or not to race

usnret

Corvette
05 coupe
Just a quick question;
Is it just me or do you guys rather not waste your time and gas on racing a non vette, like say a mustang or firebird? something you already know you're faster than anyway. Sometimes I feel this way and other times... well lets just say I smoked that Cobra. I had my window down just a little and I could hear his supercharger whine.

usnret said:
Just a quick question;
Is it just me or do you guys rather not waste your time and gas on racing a non vette, like say a mustang or firebird? something you already know you're faster than anyway. Sometimes I feel this way and other times... well lets just say I smoked that Cobra. I had my window down just a little and I could hear his supercharger whine.

don't matter. i don't don't mind showing anyone my tail lights including C6's...hehe but serious if i don't wanna play i just ignore them or sometimes i'll do alittle intimidation and they go away.

glad your having fun with your C6! my fiance wants a 06 C6 vert M6 triple black. think that will go good with the 96 blown LT4 triple black C4 i'm getting also.

If someone wants to play, I'll usually play - assuming that the traffic and other factors make it reasonably prudent to do so. Doesn't matter what type of car or truck they are driving. Then again, some people just want to see the pretty Corvette haul A$$.

i think thats what it is. they cant out run the VETTE but just want to see it haul ass. :D

If they really want it - I'll give it to them.

usnret said:
Just a quick question;

I think if you lined up w my TA, you would have lost - lost BAD...

3rd Gen F body - surprised many ;LOL

warren s said:
There is a time and place for everything. And never judge a book by its cover.

There are countless Mustangs and F-bodies out there running mid 11s on the street.

I dont condone braking any posted speed limit.

Gosh, Warren, I sure hope you miss-spelled breaking on purpose! As in, "Don't BRAKE for any speed limit signs!"
Gersh

usnret said:
Just a quick question;

Yeah, of course, RACE, definitely.
Variety is the spice of life. It's nice to race whatever. But most of the BMWs and Porsches won't race--they try to pretend Corvettes don't exist...
Gersh

I smoked some young kid in daddy's brand new Mustage GT the other day. By the time he caught up to me at the next traffic light i was laughing like crazy. I asked him if he liked his new stang and his response was "Its great, but it no vette"

Race or not to race

I have to go with Warren. I run my C6 at Infineon Drag Strip with my best run of 13.042 @ 110.24 mph. There are alot of Mustangs out there that run in the 12's along with some 1st generation Camaros all of which are streetable.

I'm a fan of getting up to the speed limit, plus 5 mph, as quickly as possible without breaking the tires loose on the street (exhibition of speed ticket). This typically sets the stage if anyone wants to play. I tell my boys; is it worth the gas to run someone you know you can beat?

You must also weigh the cost of the ticket!!! My wife would kill me if she found out I got a Drag Racing Ticket on the street.

If you want safety and real competition hit the drag strip. It can be exhilerating and humbling.

Drive safe guys...but, have fun

Hi guys!!! I had to jump in on this thread. I have had plenty of go fast toys and I can't get away from someone who wants to race. It's so much fun leaving them in the dust. You do have to watch out for those F-body cars though, there is just way to may easy ways to get HP out of the LS1. One of my coworkers had a camaro ss that was putting 445 HP at the wheels without a supercharger!!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom